23. Navigation Problems

Nix's P.O.V.

I lay completely naked in Lucas' arms. His eyes are closed, resting from what we'd just done. I've given myself to him. All of me.

I snuggles up closer to him, laying my head on his chest.

"I love you, Nix." His eyes open, gleaming with pride and happiness.

"I love you too, Lucas."

He kisses the top of my forehead. "I wish we could lay here forever but we have to get ready for the concert considering we just used up twenty minutes." He smirks thinking about it.

I slide out of the bed first, knowing he's watching me, and sort of strut to he bathroom to get ready. I can't believe I gave myself to him. I'm so happy, this mini vacation couldn't get any better!

I throw on my clothes and put on a tiny bit of makeup before coming out of the bathroom to find Lucas completely dressed and ready.

"Ready, Kitten?" He smiles.

"Yup." Locking hands, we walk towards the door with a matching stride.

I'd never stopped to notice how beautiful the hotel hallway was. It was elegant rather than a normal boring hotel.

I can feel Lucas' gaze on me, sending shivers down my spine with that gray, piercing stare. It reminds me of how I felt when I was stuck next to him in class all those weeks ago. I smile, remembering my small fear of him back then. So much has happened, that fear changed to love.

"What's so funny?" Lucas asks.

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

"How?"

"You used to seem so scary, not you're just a gentle wolf. Menacing at first but mostly just kind." I laugh.

"Hey, I'm still a menacing wolf." He seems serious.

"Oh, really? Prove it." I joke.

Then I'm suddenly pushed up against the hotel wall with such force I have to gasp. His face is inches from my neck sending sparks of electricity through me.

His voice is husky, "how's this for menacing?"

With the way he's talking and the force he's using, I'd say it's pretty menacing but I'm not gonna give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"You'll have to do better than that." I sneer.

"Just you wait, I will." He smirks, a glint of satisfaction in his eyes. He knows I'm intimidated.

Only when he lets go of me do I remember to breathe.

"Nix." He gets my attention and we begin walking again.

☕️☕️☕️

Everyone's waiting in the lobby for us, somehow we were the last ones ready.

"Would ya hurry up?" Emily says laughing. "What were you guys doing?" She hints at sex by wiggling her eyebrows.

Luca speaks up, "yup, that's exactly what we were doing." He looks proud but I just stand there completely stunned, blushing furiously.

And the guys high five.....

Idiots....

"Can we just leave already?" I say, frustrated.

"Aww she looks uncomfortable." Jake says with a laugh.

"Very. And if you'd like to keep all your fingers, I'd suggest shutting up." I clamp my jaws down. "I do bite, ya know."

Bentley starts making the noises from the movie Jaws that plays just as a shark is approaching.

"Not helping, Bentley." I growl.

"Wasn't trying to, babe." He laughs but when he called me babe I can seem Lucas visibly stiffen. Jealousy. Funny. He only relaxes when
I reach out and grab his hand.

On the way out, he leans down to me and whispers, "Mine." In a very harsh voice.

"Yours." I say back to him, calming him slightly.

☕️☕️☕️

The sun sets about five minutes into the drive. I'm glad Lucas didn't make me sit in the passenger seat this time. Finally I get to be back behind the wheel of my baby.

Missed ya, Rayne.

Lucas is reading off of a map telling me where to go since we're lead car as usual.

"Right at the next ramp." He sounds like a GPS. I could use one of those right now. He's not the best navigator. We've already made two wrong turns.

"And you're sure?"

"Stop doubting me, those were accidents." He huffs.

"The keyword there is two. Two accidents in one drive." I laugh as he does this little pouting thing that I love.

"You're mean." He says grumpily.

"Always have been, nothing's changed."

He sighs, looking back to the map as I take the turn as told.

"The concert hall should be just up there." He leans forward pointing to a round cement building.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious." The 5 Seconds of Summer signs are plastered on every wall of the place, banners hanging as well, and a crowd of screaming young girls.

"Well, I got us there on time at least." He smiles.

"I did half the navigating."

"Can you not let me feel like I succeeded at something for once?" Lucas crosses his arms like a child, making me laugh.

"Nope." I pull into a parking garage. "Start looking for a parking place."

"Okay."

After a few minutes of searching, Lucas speaks, "There, three in a row."

"Perfect." I pull in, followed by the van.

I start to get out.

"Wait!" Lucas says.

"What?" What now? We need to get inside. We're almost late because of the wrong turns.

Lucas pulls me to him, kissing me softly before leaning his forehead on mine with his eyes closed. "Please be careful tonight, I know I shouldn't be scared but I feel like something's gonna happen tonight in a place as big as this." He looks genuinely nervous.

I kiss him again, "there's nothing to worry about, I'll be by your side all night."

He opens his eyes, "Promise?"

"Promise." He's such a softy despite his rep. Honestly, nothing but his size and menacing gray eyes makes him a real bad boy. I think people just assume the worst of him.

We get out and Emily gives me a weird look. I think she saw us in the car and is wondering what was going on. I mouth 'later' to tell her I'd explain what was going on sometime later. She nods.

Lucas grabs my hand and we all start towards the concert hall.

•*•*•*•*•

Much shorter than normal but I thought it was better than normal. Ahhh we're so close to the end and no it's not the concert, I have a plan.😈

Vote, Comment, and follow me! Thanks for reading!

~ Nyx S.