18. Arrival

Luca's P.O.V

My conversation with Phoenix before we left wasn't pleasent. I hope she's not mad. I feel like a jerk for bringing it up.

I've been driving for what feels like forever and I haven't once stopped thinking about how I brought that up. I know it's a bad thing but I'm completely jealous of the way she talks about Cody. The few things she's said about him to me were in admiration and love.

I wonder if she ever speaks of me like that... Do I mean that much to her? It sounds as if Cody's her hero. And I'm just... Well... me.

I love her more than anything and I know she loves me but would she really pick me over him...

I shake my head clearing those thoughts.

She loves you. She loves him. It's okay to love two people.

Phoenix stirs in her sleep, making me quickly glance her way. Shes so beautiful. How did I get so lucky. I don't know if I would survive without her.

Music plays softly on the radio. A few Fall Out Boy songs have played along with some I didn't recognize. The beginning of Stone Walls by We The Kings came on, making me smile. I saw this song on Nix's IPod. She doesn't play it often.

After about half the song, I'm snapped out of my thoughts. My ringtone goes off, waking Phoenix up.

"Sorry, Kitten." I automatically dismiss the call, not caring who it was.

"It's fine." Her voice is slow, like she's still half asleep. She blinks, trying to gain some focus. "Are we almost there?"

"Impatient?"

"Yup. Answer the question." When she's tired, she's cranky and it's obvious in her demanding tone.

I chuckle. "Maybe an hour or so away."

"Why didn't you wake me up?! I could've driven for a while!" She yawns.

Is it just me or does the idea of her driving when she's that tired seem dangerous? I can't be the only one who thinks that.

"Like I'd let you behind the wheel in that shape." I roll my eyes.

She suddenly looks serious. "Like you could stop me."

I try my best to hide a laugh but it doesn't work, and in turn, I get slapped on the arm.

Flinching slightly, I lean away from her. "Hey! That's dangerous! Don't hit the driver!"

"I'll do what I want to the driver!"

I smirk. "You have no idea how that sounded."

"I know exactly how that sounded."

"Good. Cause I like where this is going."

☕️☕️☕️

Phoenix's P.O.V.

There's the exit! 'Stay calm. stay calm.' I repeat in my head but I'm just so excited!

I look over at Luca in the driver's seat. We finally pull off of the highway. "How far are we from the hotel?!" I ask, my voice sounding childish.

"Five minutes. You remind me of a chihuahua." He says.

Weird.

"I remind you of a chihuahua? What?" I give him a confused glance.

"You shaking so much that you look like you have to pee. And those dogs never stop shaking." He shrugs.

"So you're comparing me to a dog?" My voice is almost a growl.