24. Little Band

Nix's P.O.V.

I may not be a huge fan of 5 Seconds of Summer, but Emily definitely is. Her eyes are glowing with excitement. Nate practically has to hold her down so she doesn't bounce away.

"WATERS!" He says shaking her shoulders, just barely catching her attention.

"STONE!" She yells back, mocking him. He rolls his eyes, smiling. God, they're adorable.

Right now we're in the middle of a crowd, waiting for the concert to start. Lucas went to the bathroom so I'm standing in silence just watching Nate and Em. My eyes flicker to the rest of the group. Surprisingly, Bentley fits in quite nicely with them. He looks like he belongs in their group, I mean, he's not half bad looking, he's strong with an amazing smirk too.

He's like my brother so I could never look at him as boyfriend material, considering I was with his actual brother. But he would definitely fit in as scary bad boy hookup material. If he stuck with them, no doubt he'd end up one of the players. I'm glad he found a place in this group.

I look to Mason and Jake. I don't know them as well but I know they're both great guys and I could easily learn to love hanging around them.

Emily fits in nicely as well. They all treat her as family. She's got Nathan wrapped around her finger and she's always happy around them.

And Lucas, he's naturally a leader. I can understand how this little band formed. They're all perfect together.

The only thing I don't see, is how I fit in here. I'm not exactly the easiest person to get along with. I'm rude and headstrong. I'm constantly in danger for my life even if it doesn't seem like that.

Arms wrap around my waist and a body is pressed against my back. I recognize the person to be Lucas. I feel a kiss planted on the side of my head.

"Hey babe. Saw you over here and couldn't help but notice you're the most stunning girl in the room. Wondered if you'd share a drink with me?" He pretends to be some guy who's hitting on me and I laugh as a giant slushie is shown to me, "so, how bout it?"

"Dork." I smile, taking a drink.

Before we know it, the speakers are announcing the start of the concert and the band walks out on stange. Almost as if someone had hit a button to sound a screaming alarm, the crowd erupted with voices. "I love you"'s and just downright speechless screams. Including Emily, who I swear to god is standing there in tears because of the happiness this brings her.

I giggle a bit as Nate is forced to let go of her because she's freaking out so much. I'm so glad there's something between them. They're perfect for each other. I hope they stay like that, they both look so much happier now.

Luke, the lead member of the band , says a few things before he and the band start in on the first song of the night, Kiss Me Kiss Me.

☕️

My voice is fading from screaming along, I knew more songs than I thought originally.

"And the last song of the night, Long Way Home." Luke says into the mic. Going to be honest here, I'm sad tonight is over. I wasn't absolutely sure I'd like this band a ton, but they're actually great.

"We're taking the long way home
Taking the long way home

Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the place only you and I share
Remember all the memories?
The fireflies and make-believe
Kicking back in the old school yard
Singing songs on our guitars
This is our reality
Crazy stupid, you and me"