25. Chivalry's not Dead

Phoenix's P.O.V.

The car ride back to the hotel took forever, by the time we got there, everyone was ready to pass out.

"Sleep till seven then get up and head home?" The planner says. Em is too much of a morning person.

I sigh, "Good with me." The rest nod in agreement as well. Forced agreement since she'd rip out the throat of anyone who dared go against her. But it was still agreement.

I'm about to mosey back to the hotel room but before I can, Bentley grabs my arm and spins me around. "No goodnight?" He chuckles. How is he not exhausted?

"Night, Bent." I smile as well and he hugs me goodnight.

He then turns to Lucas, still smiling, "No fooling around." he jokes.

Lucas smiles as if that was normal and then pulls me against him, kissing my temple, "No promises."

I'm glad their whole disagreement hating each other issues were solved. They'll be great friends. Lucas puts his arm around me and walks me to the elevator. Everyone had already departed so we were in there alone.

Bentley's words drift back into my mind, 'no fooling around,' and then Lucas's come to mind as well, 'no promises.'

So I turn, catching him by surprise, and kiss him full forced. His stunned posture disappeared in seconds as he caught on and moved with me. The kiss began rough, but that melted into soft and soothing. His hands were on my waist, putting slight pressure on me as he tried to pull me closer. We moved in sync with every breath.

But the elevator doors sounded with a ring as they opened, making us separate in an instant. Lucas seems a little spaced out now, breathing a little ragged. I grab his hand and slowly start walking out of the elevator with him trailing behind me.

"What was that?" His voice seems like a whisper.

"We never do that, I figured we should." I shrugged, smirking at the response he's giving to what had happened in the elevator.

"It's a little mean considering we don't have our own room." He says, sounding sad.

I chuckle. Just this morning, seeing him without a shirt made me nervous. But I was ready to make out with him now. Funny how quickly things change. Now the only thing making me nervous is getting caught with him by someone else.

We get to the door and I slide my key card into the slot, watching the light on the door turn green to signal it was now unlocked. I gave the door a shove and it creaked open. The light was off and it was silent in the room. Lucas flipped the light switch so we could see better.

"Em?" I called. What are the odds she's not in here? Where else would she have even gone?

"Nate." Lucas says. True, she could be with Nate. "I saw her with him, I didn't know they went to the same room though. She must be staying with him tonight."

So maybe we do have the room to ourselves...

I look at Lucas. Is he thinking what I'm thinking? My question is answered when he flips the light switch back off and I'm shoved against a wall.

We're kissing immediately and it's like fireworks exploding. His hands run their way down my body before he's once again grasping my hips, pushing me harder against the wall The way he's holding me is so dominant as he towers above me. His tongue brushes against my lips, begging for entrance, I oblige and open my mouth a bit.

He tastes so sweet and addicting like candy. I want more and obviously he does too. My hands are in his hair, ruffling it around. His hands slide down farther and pick me up by my thighs, making me wrap my legs around his waist. I can feel us moving away from the wall, probably to the bed but my focus isn't really on that. All I'm focused on is the, as cliche as it is, sparks that ignite my skin wherever his hands meet my body.