4. Insanity

Luca's P.O.V.

(Before the fight)

"Oh look over there. It's the angel that stole your affection." Mason teased and pointed to Phoenix They were still stuck on that god damn subject. I just don't understand why they can't let it go already.

"She didn't steal my affection!" I growled a bit to hastily for their liking. It's not like I'm lying though. I already stated the only thing about her with my attention is her ass. And maybe her hair, it looks pretty silky and I kinda dig it. Is that weird?

"Oh really? When you looked at her I'm pretty sure you were drooling." Fuck you, Mason.

"To me she's just another stupid bitch. I mean, have you even looked at how she's dressed? She looks like a whore. And the way she walks, dear god it looks like she's some desperate prostitute working her corner just begging for someone to use her," (From author: This is just said for the book. If you are a sex worker, go you. Keep being yourself babes. I mean no offense and honestly, you guys are great and your confidence level is goals. 💕) I don't think much about what I'm saying, I just say it to get them to lay off, "She's just another slut for attention. If that doesn't prove how utterly disgusted she makes me, I'm not sure what does. After all, I may like women, but I'm not interested in some over used s-"

I never got to finish those words. I'm not sure I wanted to anyway, but I'll never know because I was slammed forward into a glass table, shattering it. A few shards dug their way into my skin, stinging. Before I can even turn around, I feel a punch to my side.

I manage to get steady on my feet and block the next punch before landing my own on my opponents shoulder.

Bentley is seething with anger, so he doesn't think straight, lucky for me. I get my arms around his waist and we tumble down into the glass. We're not really even fighting, this is more of an all out brawl.

A few more actions go by before I land a solid hit to his nose.

I hate to admit it, but this guy's good. Good enough that I'm mostly just blocking and haven't landed much of anything on him. Despite the few actual hits, we're both bloody from the glass. Somewhere along the line, my face got slammed into the floor which gave me a nose bleed and a fucking killer headache.

The crowd had parted for us, giving more room for the fight but before it can really get interesting, a somewhat small, light brown haired girl weaves her way between us.

I stop in my tracks as she pulls on Bentley. He whips towards her, throwing a punch.

A sick feeling goes through my gut as I anticipate the punch landing on her. But it never came. Her hand goes up, blocks his movement, and she takes him down, landing him right on his ass in the broken shards.

Looks of shock run like a wave through the room. Whispers start circulating.

How the fuck...? He's like a foot taller than her and a hell of a lot stronger.

Bentley gets up almost as soon as the impact. He says a few things to her and drags her out the front door.

I don't even get the chance to think about what happened more than "whoa I hope he didn't hurt her" because she's small....I'm only thinking that because she's small. No other reason.

"What the hell man?!" Jake shouted. He looked confused and bewildered.

I brushed some glass off my arm, examining the damage. Mostly surface cuts, nothing deep. Enough to stain my shirt but that might've been from my nose bleed.