10. She-Devil

Word Count: 6972

Nix's P.O.V.

That damn album was teasing me. I have been wanting it for a few months. The sun perfectly shone through the window giving it the spotlight.

I may have lived with my aunt for a long time, but we weren't as close as some would assume. One thing we really got along in though was music. I loved her music library. She had a book shelf in her study that was full of music ranging from Paramore to Kiss to Five Finger.

Out of all her bands, Journey was definitely one of my my favorites. I liked Nirvana too but I don't know as many songs written by them. Smells like Teen Spirit is an amazing song though, not to be mainstream.

I turn away from the masterpiece known as Journey and head to the Records section. I haven't ever had a record player before but I did have records hanging on nails in my old room when I was younger. I always thought they were quite interesting.

I spot a record of an Arctic Monkeys album. Bentley used to like them a lot. He talked about them all the time but I guess I wasn't ever listening because I still know nothing about them.

Setting it down, I move on the the next shelf of records. The first one I pick up brings back some memories of me and my mother dancing around in our pajamas.

I miss her. I miss her so much.

A hand touched my shoulder making me jump. "Huh?" I said. My voice came out weak and scratchy. Tears I hadn't noticed we're slowly trailing down my face. Luca was giving me a concerned look.

Why do I keep falling apart in front of him? Is this some kind of curse for doing something I don't remember doing wrong?

"Hey... What's wrong?" He said.

"Nothing. It's just that a song on here reminds me of my mother." His hand reaches to wipe a stray tear from my cheek gently.

He's silent and just as I was about to put the record back on the shelf and move on, he says, "You wanna talk about it?"

I've told him so much. I don't want to tell him any more. He's already too close for comfort. I feel like prey and I'm being closed in on. He might be gentle now but eventually all this kind stalking will get my neck snapped. So I snap first, "No. Drop it. I don't need an asshole like you knowing any more of my secrets. You shouldn't know the first one I told you. I shouldn't trust you. I never should have trusted you. You're so highly untrustworthy. Your the exact jackass the entire school thinks you are so I don't know why you're expecting me to trust you so quickly? After all, you're still the guy who talked a whole lot of shit on me to his friends. You're still him. No matter what you do, I'll never see you any differently. So stop pretending it's possible for you to be anything be self absorbed." It was harsh and uncalled for, but I guess I have a habit of jumping to the worst option every time.

He eyebrows scrunch. He removed the hand from my shoulder and with his other hand, pulls a plastic sack from behind him. He holds it out to me with one hand and with the other, forces my hand to take it, "Well that was for you. Hope it's not too self absorbed for your taste." And then he's storming out. I'm left speechless but I guess I should've seen that coming.

I unwrapped the contents of the bag, revealing...the Journey album I'd been staring at.

He noticed. He noticed me looking at it. I can't believe he was paying that close of attention to me. I was even trying not to look at it. The receipt was taped to the back. He bought it for me... And I just called him a self absorbed jackass.

Would a self absorbed jackass notice exactly what I was dying to have and go out of his way to get it for me?

I'm such an idiot.