18... who are you, really?

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Eighteen

The day carried on, and Ivy was finding it to be about the longest Unity Day she had ever experienced as it felt like it was never going to end. Everyone was still awake and partying, utilizing their last few moments of freedom and last few hours of Unity Day to let loose and get completely wasted. Ivy was almost ready to join them and drain the whole barrel of Monty's Moonshine to forget about the fight she just had with Bellamy, but what she really wanted, was to just sleep.  It was only when she slept would she not think, see, hear, or feel anything at all. She'd be in nothingness, and that felt a hell of a lot more appealing than living.

It didn't sound like a bad idea to do a little bit if both though, so Ivy filled another cup up with alcohol, and began to retreat back to the drop ship where it was quiet and secluded from everyone else. She'd nearly made it out when a hand grabbed her shoulder to stop her, and Ivy turned around to see Clarke sobered up from the drinks she had consumed with a look of urgency on her face. "What is it, Clarke?" Ivy asked worriedly, brows knit in concern.

The blonde haired girl, took a deep breath and replied, "I need you to come with me somewhere." Her voice was low as if people were actually paying attention to them and not to whatever drinking game they were playing. "Finn set up a meeting with the Grounders and I want you to come with me, er- well, I need you to."

Ivy furrowed her brows and shook her head. "What are we meeting for? Are you sure this isn't a trap or something?" She questioned warily.

Clarke just sighed. "Finn says that it's a peace meeting; no weapons. I'm not sure if they're going to try anything, but we just have to trust that they won't. And I need you to come with me because you know how to talk to people reasonably, and also for you to come on Bellamy's behalf."

"Clarke, I've been drinking. I don't know how fit I am to be going to a meeting like this. Does Bellamy know about this meeting?" Ivy traced her fingertip along the rim of her cup. It didn't sound like something Bellamy would agree to, after all, he was more keen on killing Grounders than patching up relationships with them.

"The fact that you can think logically enough to consider that, tells me you're okay to come." Clarke told her, before continuing. "Finn is counting on me to do this. I can't risk Bellamy pulling something and ruining it before it even starts. You know how he can be, more than anyone. We have to show the Grounders that they can trust us if we want to make peace with them." Clarke looked into Ivy's eyes pleadingly, silently begging her to agree to come with.

Deep down, Ivy knew that this was their best chance at ending the fight between them and the Grounders. She just felt so unsure about everything. How did Finn even find a way to set up the meeting? And how could he put so much trust into them, knowing the things that they had done to their people? Ivy always wanted to see the best in others, but sometimes there was just too much bad to even see at all.