14... there was a line here once

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Fourteen

At a loss for words, but trying not to show it, Bellamy and Ivy found themselves with a line drawn between them representing the two sides each of them had taken.

On Ivy's side, she was fighting desperately for Bellamy to spare the cracked and bloodied knuckles that were to come from harboring this Grounder. She wanted them to find a way to make peace, to stop the fighting before they made things worse. She didn't know what it was that made Bellamy want revenge on them so badly. She could understand that he wanted to avenge the people they'd lost, but didn't that first mean that they had to understand the reasoning behind the violence inflicted upon them? Why did these people kill them? Why were they being slaughtered when they'd never done anything to these people to start a war they obviously couldn't win?

Forcing this man into submission just felt like they were going about this whole thing entirely wrong. They should've been learning about each other and using this as an opportunity to show the Grounders who they were. Granted, they were all criminals but for the most part, they weren't a threat. And even though they came from different backgrounds, they still had one common goal: to stay alive. The Grounders had to understand that.

But clearly, Bellamy didn't care to show them that they weren't dangerous, he wanted to establish just that. He wanted these people to know who they'd messed with, and he wanted answers. Except he didn't want to know how they'd survived, he wanted to know how to fight them. If he could somehow get this Grounder to spill what his people's plan for them was, Bellamy could have all the information he needed to make his own defensive strategy. On Bellamy's side, he was willing to do anything it took to keep the whole camp alive and stay in control. He wanted blood for the people they'd lost.

Ivy wanted to say more, anything to strengthen her argument. She and Bellamy could go back and forth for all she cared, at least then she could buy herself or anyone else more time to figure out another solution to stop this madness. But a pounding on the door interrupted her, and a voice belonging to Clarke yelled, "Hey, open the door!"

Sighing as he turned away from Ivy to kick away the heavy box they had put over the hatch door to prevent anyone from entering, Bellamy twisted the handle and Clarke came forcing her way up. In her hand, she was holding the knife from the Grounder that was currently tied up. She didn't even acknowledge them before she stormed over to Grounder and shoved the blade in his face angrily. "What's on this?"

She was met by his unwavering glare in return, and nothing but silence which was all they had been able to get from him. "What are you talking about?" Ivy asked her. Octavia had followed Clarke up and was currently standing next to her in equal concern. "Is Finn okay?"