27... trial and error

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Twenty-Seven

It seemed that Ivy's distaste towards being in Mount Weather was only shared with Clarke as everyone else seemed to enjoy their new home. They settled in quickly, claiming bunks as their own and sitting comfortably in their new clothes. And the food, oh, the food was much to be savored by everyone as they scarfed down their plates like hungry wolves during a harsh winter. Ivy couldn't exactly blame them for that, even she was tempted to dive into the forbidden fruit. The scent of warm, freshly cooked chicken baked in aromatic herbs made her mouth water, but Ivy would sooner bite her tongue off than eat any of the food laid out for them.

Sitting at the dining table surrounded by her peers, Ivy and Clarke stuck out like sore thumbs as the only two individuals who weren't digging into a meal that should've been devoured in mere seconds. They hadn't exactly made themselves out to blend in with the crowd. But wherever everyone else went, Clarke and Ivy had to go, too, if they didn't want Dante to know something was up. If they could blow the trail off them long enough for them to make a plan and follow through with it, they could get out of the mountain without a hitch. So sitting in the mess hall while everyone enjoyed their meals was where they were at. Albeit they were plotting, but they were still present.

"Are you guys still plotting over there?" Monty asked them with his voice low, quirking his brow surreptitiously at them. He'd noticed that they hadn't stopped ever since they'd reunited in the dorms, not even stopping to get a good lunch in to refuel their brains.

Ivy resisted the urge to kick him under the table for practically announcing it out loud for everyone to hear. "Yes, Monty, we're trying to figure out a way to get outside so we can find the rest of our people. Remember them?" Ivy looked at him with a worried look on her face. She couldn't believe how casual he was about this. Didn't he care about the people who had been left behind? While they were enjoying themselves in the safety and security of the mountain, there were still others who needed saving, too. The worst part was that Ivy knew that if Monty was on their side, they'd find a way out in no time with his savvy intellect. She just wished he could see past the 3-layered cake in front of him.

"Ivy, whatever happened to you and Bellamy hating each other? Last I remember, you didn't ever want to see his face again. Now you care about whether or not he's out there?" It wasn't that Monty hated Bellamy himself, he was still worried about him and Octavia, and Finn, too. He just remembered everything that had happened which led to all of the conflicts between him and Ivy, and he didn't understand what had changed in the span of time that he'd been gone.

And of course, Ivy had forgot that he'd been gone during all that had happened that had led up to her and Bellamy's reconciliation, so she could understand how it'd be confusing for him to see her worry so much about him. "It's a long story, mostly having to do with us being held hostage by Murphy. He risked his life for me. If it wasn't for him, Murphy would've done a lot worse to me than a little bullet scrape." Ivy gently massaged her thigh where her leg was still bandaged up, this time it was done properly by someone when she was in quarantine. It hurt, but it was manageable now and easily forgotten.