8... maybe there is a beast

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Eight

It's in Bellamy tent where they are somehow the safest, hiding the unlikely killer behind Wells' death while the mob outside awaits her conviction. Ivy is still sick to her stomach; she truly thought that she had killed Wells. She'd even had the memories of her doing it flashing through her mind, but it turned out that they were only fabrications of her imagination. She knocked it's realism off as just vivid recollections from when she'd killed Atom and the confusion must've been from the residual fogginess from the night before.

It's hard to believe that Charlotte was the one who'd done it. She was so young, and so small. Wells could've easily fought her off and defended himself. That just led Ivy to the conclusion that she must've taken him off guard. She can already picture how the scene played out before Charlotte can even explain it to them.

Wells was on watch outside of the wall. He no longer has the tension between him and Clarke coming between them. For the first time in a long time, he has the trust of his best friend back, and he's content. Until Charlotte comes along and ends it where he stands. Did he at least die at peace? Or was his death long and full of fear knowing that no one could help him in time?

Ivy doesn't even know how Bellamy can stand to look at Charlotte with such sympathy. The guilt of just thinking that she'd killed Wells, even on accident, had nearly torn her apart. And now, here Charlotte was. While she was owning up to her actions, there still lies the fact that she had acted with intent. What's so sympathetic about that?

Her arms are crossed over her chest, standing to the side with Finn and Clarke while Bellamy tries to understand the young girl before them. "Why, Charlotte?" He asked, confusion riddled all across his face.

"I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me." She explained, but Ivy doesn't think she knows exactly what he'd meant. Ivy isn't sure if she even knew that what she did was bad until people were going lynch her and Murphy for her deed. How does she not know right from wrong?

Narrowing her eyes at Bellamy, Clarke is confused by what Charlotte has said. By the sounds of it, it seems like Bellamy was the one to tell Charlotte to murder Wells. "What the hell is she talking about?"

"She misunderstood me." Bellamy briefly explains before shifting back to the little girl. "Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"He wasn't saying that you should kill people. Killing people is wrong." Ivy spoke up from behind him. She never thought she'd have to tell someone that but apparently it wasn't clear to the girl. Ivy's surprised herself by how calm her voice actually sounds, given how frustrated she is.

"Bring the girl out, now!" Murphy's voice booms from outside the tent. He's thirsty for blood and is getting impatient for them to bring it to him.