0... the story of us

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Prologue

It's a bit of a long story of how Ivy landed herself a spot in the Ark's jail- also known as, the Sky box. But since she is going to be rotting away in a cell until she turns eighteen, it's one she doesn't mind telling.

Her father was in charge of pharmaceuticals and her mother was a seamstress who made custom clothes on the Ark. Ivy, was the one delivered the people their clothing items or brought the elderly their medicine. A lot of people thought she was sent to jail for stealing unprescribed drugs, which was true, or for stealing clothes; actually, also true. But the reason she did those things, was for a girl who was hidden by her family under the floor.

To briefly summarize the beginning of how she discovered this girl, while delivering the Blake's their newly made clothing at the age of eleven, Ivy was greeted by a girl who was only a little younger than her and was taken over by the excitement of the world outside of the room she had lived her whole life in, to remember of what would happen if anyone found out her mother had two children.

It wasn't until a boy who was a bit older than her and his mother took the girl in the arms and pulled her away from Ivy in fright and worry on what would happen next, did she realize the woman had broken the Ark's one-child policy. Ivy didn't remember what the woman had said at the moment, but she did know that it was then when she saw the confusion on the little girl's face that she came to a decision, she would keep their secret and she would help them for the sake of the girl herself.

Years went on and because of the decision that Ivy had made, she had earned herself two best friends, Bellamy and Octavia Blake. She brought them medicine that she would steal from her father when Octavia was sick, and clothes when Octavia grew out of her own. To the Blake's, Ivy was forever in their debt.

Ivy knew what she did would send her to jail, leading up to being floated when she turned eighteen. But in her mind, it was worth it. Not only had the Blake's become somewhat of her second family, but the memories she had with Bellamy and Octavia played on repeat in her mind and kept her sane.

Things were good up until Octavia's teen years, when she was finally accepting the fact that she would never leave that room and would die there. That was, until Ivy and Bellamy saw an opportunity to give her what she had been wishing for her whole life, a chance to leave that room.

In the midst of sewing one of the guards' coats for her mom, Ivy and Bellamy walked into the room and greeted Octavia with smiles on their faces. "O, you'll never guess what's about to happen."

Closing the door tightly behind them, Ivy held back the urge to blurt it out right there. "Inspection." Octavia guessed with a grumble. "I'll get in the hole."