29... secrets never stay buried

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅ ∗ ∅

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Laying on a bed wearing a thin yellow hospital gown, the least of Ivy's worries were about how uncomfortable the clothing items were and how afraid she was that it might tear any second. Despite those two things that would normally bother her to an agonizing extent, but Ivy and Clarke had found themselves right where they needed to be in medical, so there was nothing for her to really complain about; their plan had worked.

Dr. Tsing was the only staff member working in medical. You would think she was the only medical specialist in the whole damn mountain. She had already tended to Clarke's wounds and had moved onto Ivy's. She irrigated the tear in Ivy's thigh with some saline, to which the girl winced at and bit down on her lip while she endured the pain.

The doctor flickered her gaze up to Ivy, raising her brow suspiciously at the circumstances they were in. "So how did both of you manage to wind up in here?" She asked, beginning on patting Ivy's wound dry with some gauze.

Turning her face away from Clarke, Ivy pursed her lips then she grit her teeth. "We got into a fight." She explained curtly.

Looking between the two in confusion, Dr. Tsing had many questions. "Really? What were you guys fighting about?"

Clarke and Ivy both glanced at the other with cold glares on each of their faces. For a moment, it was as though they were about to fight over who could stand to be silent the longest out of spite. "Ivy doesn't know when to give it a rest." Clarke decided to snap, shaking her head disapprovingly.

"And Clarke doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut." Ivy shot back, nearly jumping out of her bed to lunge at Clarke. Dr. Tsing had to pull back a little bit before she accidentally damaged Ivy's wound even more.

"Ladies, this is a place of healing. There's no room for cat fights in here. Especially not ones that will make your stay in here any longer than it has to be." Dr. Tsing could play the mediator, but she still gave off them impression that she was entertained by the whole thing. She wanted all the juicy details into Ivy and Clarke's feud that she could get.

"Maybe if Ivy would shut up about her boyfriend, we wouldn't be in here in the first place." Clarke said, rolling her eyes before she began to mock Ivy's voice. "Bellamy this, Bellamy that. We need to find Bellamy. We get it."

"You're lucky I didn't rip another hole in your arm before you tried to cripple me, you psychopath." Ivy growled.

Clarke just scoffed. "Oh my God, Ivy, it's a stupid graze, get over it already."

"Okay, Ivy, you're all set." Dr. Tsing taped off the last edge of the dressing she had placed over Ivy's wound and began cleaning up her mess. "Let me remind you ladies that this is the infirmary, so please, no more fighting. I expect that you two get some rest for now." She cast them one last look in warning before turning to head out of the room.