Part 29

Chapter 29

Looking through the forest, Blake had to wonder if this was it.  Was this where his small journey ended?  In a place that was similar to everywhere he had been since he left his home.  Woods lined the camper trailer, making it blend in, but he knew there was someone in there strong enough to do the dark magic on him.  So, why hadn’t Zeke’s father done anything to them?

“He’s controlling someone else right now,” Zeke mumbled while stalking towards the place.  “He may know that we are here, but he can’t act on it until he pulls away.”

“I got an idea,” Barron said with a scowl on his face.  “We torch the place.  It reeks of dark magic, and I don’t know about you, but I would prefer to stay out of it.”

Zeke glanced towards Barron with a blank expression.  “It is a good idea.”

“I hear a 'but' following that statement,” Amaya whispered.

“But,” Zeke continued.  “It’s cowardly.  I can’t kill him like that.  I want the man to look into my eyes as he dies.  I want him to realize that it was his precious son that ended everything for him.”

Barron let out a tiny laugh, making Blake look at him as if he were insane.  “What is wrong with you?” Blake asked.

The man smiled.  “It looks like our enforcer has some family issues to work out.  You don’t find it funny that not a single one of you has good family relationships.  Now, my mom and dad, both stand up people.”

“What happened to you then?” Amaya mumbled.

He glanced towards her with a smile.  “Oh that, honey, I’ll tell you that tonight.”

Blake took a small step in his direction, but an arm shot out to stop any further motion.  “We have other things to deal with,” Zeke growled.  “He just let Ned go; we have to prepare ourselves.”

“How do we do that?” Blake asked.

Zeke sent him a genuine smile.  “Amaya and you are going to be tied to that tree right there,” he said, pointing to a tree well out of view.  “That way, you will be useless if he tries taking you over.”

“What about Barron?” Amaya asked, her chin tilted up in a stubborn manner.

“He’s one of those three,” Zeke answered.  “Barron is very familiar with the black arts, aren’t you Barron?”

“Hell yes,” the man whispered with a smirk.  His eyes began to glow.  Blake watched as red flashed in them before the settled back to blue.  Barron must have felt his gaze, because he turned in his direction.  “It’s what happens when you mess with the wrong shit.  Believe me, having the reminder helps.”

Blake opened his mouth to ask more questions, but Zeke pushed him.  “We don’t have time for your heart to heart.  Get to the tree.”

“Back off,” Blake growled.  “If you push me one more time, we’re having that fight now.”

“Roar, kitty has claws,” Zeke mumbled as he rose his hands in surrender.  “Just hurry it up.  We don’t have much time.”

Blake ran towards the tree.  Stopping once he reached it, he looked over his shoulder at Zeke who was still standing in the same spot.  “I thought you said to hurry!”

Next thing he knew Zeke was standing in front of him.  “Come on, Amaya,” he called out before motioning towards the tree.  “Wrap your arms around it.  Keep your wrists out for me.”

Blake did as he was asked, but made sure he faced where the fight would be.  There was no way that he was going to stand there without at least knowing what was going on.  He wrapped his arms around the medium sized tree and waited for Zeke to tie him to it.  To his surprise though, something snapped down on his wrists.  Pain radiated throughout his arms, making him want to scream in pain.  He kept it in though, proving that he could take whatever Zeke dished out.

“What the hell?” he shouted.

Zeke looked over at him with a smile.  “Silver handcuffs.  They make it to where you won’t be able to escape.  I need to be thorough.”

“No,” Blake hissed.  “You needed to be an ass.  Damn, why couldn’t you use those plastic things you usually do.”

“Because,” Zeke started reluctantly, “I don’t know how powerful you actually are.  All I know, you could be a king in your own right.”

“Thanks, I guess,” Blake said to the man’s back as he walked off.  Only then, did he realize that Zeke hadn’t been wearing gloves when he snapped the handcuffs around Blake’s wrists.  The man’s hands were blistered, but right before his eyes, they began to heal. 

Next to him, Amaya settled her arms around a smaller tree.  Barron slinked up behind her.  Reaching his arms around her, he slipped her wrists into a plastic tie.  Blake let out a growl as the man pressed into Amaya’s back.  Barron just turned towards him with a smile and a shrug.  “The girl is hot.”

Blake’s hands jerked, causing pain to radiate up his arms again.  “Do not touch her.”

“You have no claim, Blakey Boy.  As long as the lady doesn’t mind me touching, there isn’t a thing you can do about it.”

His body began to shake, his anger intensified, but before he could do anything about it, Barron stepped away from Amaya.  Glancing towards where Zeke ran off too, he smiled.  “Looks like we finally have some company.”