Part 12

Chapter 12

Ignoring all the noise around him, he walked towards the woman.  At that moment, she was the one that he owed his life too, not Sydney, not Kris, but the woman who had helped him for no apparent reason.  He grabbed her.  Snuggling her close to his chest, he carried her as he would a baby, being careful not to jostle her too much.  The cuts in his back were already beginning to heal, but he could still feel how weak the blood loss made him.

As he got towards the ring, the rope was lifted.  The man who held the rope gave a nod of respect before turning back towards the crowd.  Blake ignored him as he walked away from the large group of people.  On the outskirts or the crowd, he finally glanced back.  Many people were arguing; others were attempting to get to Sydney, while Isaac held them off with a growl. 

Looking down on the woman in his hands, Blake sighed.  This was too much too fast, but if he did not deal with it, he would have a war on his hands. 

“Enough,” he said.  It came out as a whisper, but was loud enough for everyone to hear.  A couple people stopped, but the ones who initiated the fights, kept on.  Anger hit him hard.  These people were disrespectful towards him.  He had thought that he wouldn’t use Ally’s power, but he was lying to himself.  The only way to handle this situation and get this woman to a safe spot before he passed out was to use what power was offered to him.

“Enough,” he repeated, this time, he put force behind it.  Everyone around him stopped.  Not a single person moved beside Isaac and Sydney.  He didn’t control them, and he wouldn’t try to do so.  “There will be no more fighting until I come back.  There will be no challenges issued, no arguments with my friends.  If you have a problem with one of the two, we can deal with it when I return.  Does everyone understand?”

Everyone nodded his or her head.  Blake just shook his.  “Good.  Now, Isaac and Sydney come here please.”

The two detached themselves from the group.  Sydney had a slight smug expression on her face while Isaac kept his blank of emotion.  Blake had a feeling that Isaac knew what was about to happen.  They stopped in front of him, waiting for his next words.  “You two will leave.  Go somewhere away from this place for the night.  I may be able to keep them from harming you, but I cannot keep you from harming them.  They are my people, and I will not have the two of you antagonizing them.”

Isaac’s eyes flashed with what looked like respect while Sydney glared at him.  “Are you seriously making us leave for a bunch of backwoods people you just met?”

Blake tightened his grip on the woman and attempted to keep his temper in check.  What the hell was wrong with him?  He had never had problems with his temper before, but that slight that Sydney had thrown out annoyed him.  “They are my people, and unless you want to challenge me, leave.”

Her eyes widened.  Her mouth opened before snapping closed.  She just stared at him for a minute before talking.  “You're serious?  You would really challenge me?”

Blake nodded.  “This time, I wouldn’t hold back.  I would listen to Ally.”

“She talked to you?” Isaac asked, breaking into the stare down Blake and Sydney was having.  Looking towards the lion, Blake nodded.  “Interesting.  We are so far away, but the two of you still have a connection.  Not only that, but she was giving you advice you should have taken.  If she thinks you can win, I would bet my money on you.”

“What?” Sydney asked with indignation clear in her voice.

Isaac just shrugged at her.  “Alexandria Holt is not a woman that would put confidence in a person who does not deserve it.”

“You don’t even know her,” Sydney snarled.

Again, Isaac shrugged at her.  “If Leo thinks this, then it is true.  Your brother not only likes her, but respects her too.  That means she isn’t a stupid woman. Now, let’s finish talking somewhere else.  I think Blake needs some rest.”

Blake stood there and watched as Isaac grabbed Sydney’s shoulders and began to push her away.  Her mumbled protests sent a smile to his face.  When would the two of them realize that they were perfect for one another?  Blake just shook his head at the question.  He had gone through the same thing with Ally.  It had taken her until the very last minute to realize how much she loved Seb.  He had a feeling that it would take Sydney even longer.

He waited until they were gone before he turned his back on them and began walking once more.  Where was he going?  To be honest, he had no clue, but he couldn’t leave the woman.  He would find a safe spot, make sure she was okay, and then sleep.  At that moment, what he wanted to do was just sit down and close his eyes.  That wasn’t possible though, he needed to find somewhere that was not dangerous.

“Blake,” someone called out.

He looked over his shoulder.  Kris was walking towards him with a slight limp.  Not moving, he waited until she was next to him before raising an eyebrow in silent question.  Her eyes darted away from him.  “I have somewhere you can stay.”

“Is it safe?”

She nodded without glancing his way.  “Kris.”  Her head tilted in his direction; her eyes connected with his.  “Is it safe?”

“Yes, I promise; it’s safe.”

“If anything happens to either me or this woman, I’m holding you accountable,” he mumbled.  “Now, show me the way.”

Kris sent him a small nod and began walking towards a group of buildings.  Following behind her, he shifted the woman in his arms.  Even with his shifter strength, he was beginning to get tired of holding her.  If he were in full health, he would be able to carry her with ease, but with gouges healing in his back, his energy wasn’t as it normally was.

They entered a metal building.  The temperature was cold, and beds lined each wall. This must be where they slept.  Others may have had built houses on the land, but this was for the few who had no family, or did not have enough money to support themselves.  They walked towards another door.  As Kris pulled it open, he took a deep breath.  The only scent he smelled was Kris’s. 

“This is my room.  The bed is a double; the two of you can sleep there.  I’ll guard the door.”

With those simple words, she stepped out the door and closed it behind her.  Blake glanced around, but did not linger on anything.  He was looking for one thing only, the bed.  Finally, he found it in the corner.  Walking towards it, he put the woman on the side closest to the wall before snuggling behind her.  His arms wrapped around her, for some reason, he needed to make sure she was safe, and she would be, with him holding her close.  The woman’s scent filled his nose, making him relax.  Closing his eyes, he forgot about the mess he would be faced with when he woke.