Part 18

Chapter 18

Blake stared at her back with a large smile.  She was here, and not only that, she looked like she was ready to pop at any moment.  Glancing over at Isaac, he noticed the large grin on the man’s face.  Blake may have been excited to see Ally, but Isaac had a smile for a different reason.

When he had run towards the woods, he knew who was waiting for him, but Isaac was running in blind.  Too bad the man didn’t think about who he was sneaking up on.  Isaac had attempted to come behind Ally, thinking that she was a threat, but she didn’t even let him get in touching distance before she made her move.  Blake let out a tiny laugh as he remembered the shocked expression on Isaac’s face as the man was slammed onto his back, the shifter blade digging into his throat.

Blake had to promise Ally that Isaac was no threat, had to tell her how he had helped them in their journey before she finally stood and held her hand out for him to take.  Since then, Isaac seemed to be in an unusually happy mood.  Blake did not know what was going through the man’s mind, but he had a feeling it had something to do with Ally or the two shifters next to her. Even from behind, the sight of the three of them was frightening.  This was what it was to be a leader, and someday, maybe Blake could become part of that.

“I hate when they stare,” Ally mumbled to her left.

The large snow leopard nodded its head before sweeping his gaze across those whose eyes were on Ally.  Immediately, almost everyone’s eyes turned in a different direction.  Ally ran her hand through Zeke’s fur.  “You didn’t have to do that.  I’m going to have to get used to it sometime soon.”

Seb bumped her side, taking her attention off Zeke.  She looked down on him with a large smile.  “Well, if you were a human, it would be easier.”

Blake didn’t know what Sebastian had told her, but her answer was enough for him to shift.  Standing there, Blake watched one of the fastest shifts he had ever seen.  It looked like being mated was good for the two of them.  Sebastian did not hesitate to grab her and pull her into his arms.  Although she was at his side, he kept his head forward.

“Blake,” Ally said while glancing over her shoulder.  “Do you want to introduce me?  I really want to get to know this Amaya.”

A flush flew across his face causing Ally’s grin to widen.  He shook his head at her.  “It can’t happen.”

Something flashed in her eyes.  “If you’re mates, it will happen.  I don’t care what kind of war it starts, it will happen.”

“Ally-” he started only to be cut off by her.

“It’s non-negotiable.  I want my people happy, no matter what the cost.”

Blake opened his mouth again, but Zeke turned his head in his direction.  The leopard gave him a smile that scared the hell out of him.  Nodding, he decided to keep his mouth shut.  There was no way that he was going to try to find out what that smile meant.

“Zeke, leave him alone.”

“Alex,” Seb said, “remember our talk.”

“Fine,” she said with a huff.  “I’ll stop babying him.”

Blake narrowed his eyes at the two of him.  He had a strong feeling that their conversation had been about him.  Did Ally really baby him?  Who was he kidding?  The answer was yes.  She never took him on battles, no matter how small they were.  She never sent him to do anything that may cause him the least bit harm.  His eyes narrowed further.  “Why are you here?”

“We’ll talk about it when your lion friend isn’t around.”

“Hey,” Isaac said with a large smile, “I can keep a secret.”