Part 1

Chapter 1

Blake ducked as the vase flew towards him.  The woman was infuriating, to say the least.  Sending her a glare, he stood to his full height.  “This is ridiculous!  You can’t really be mad at me over something this stupid!”

“You,” Sydney hissed, “scared him off!  He wasn’t doing anything to us!”

Taking a step towards her, he grabbed the picture she was about to throw across the room.  One look at Ally smiling in the frame and Blake growled, “You could have broken this.”

“Oh, give me a break.  Your precious picture frame could have cracked.  Not a big deal.”

He turned it and thrust it in her face.  “You could have destroyed the only picture we have of Ally.  Quit thinking about yourself.  Despite your beliefs, the world has and never will revolve around that large head of yours.”

She let out an outraged gasp and raised her hand to slap him.  Blake just stood his ground and waited for the blow to come, but it never did.  Glancing to his left, he realized why.  Ally was standing there with a fierce glare on her face while holding Sydney’s hand in place.  If the red head wanted to pull away from Ally’s grasp, Blake had a feeling it wouldn’t happen.

“You do not hit him,” she snarled.  “He is my family, and you two are acting like children.”

Ally glanced at Blake.  He watched her eyes soften towards him, but the glare stayed firmly on her face.  “Blake, I know you and Sydney have some problems, but this isn’t a way to handle them.  You two are representatives of the court.  I may not be ‘on the throne’ yet, but I am still Queen and Sydney’s brother is a king.  Both of your actions reflect on us, I think it is about time you two realized that.”

Blake sent her a tiny smile and nodded.  “I’m sorry, Ally.  You’re right.  I shouldn’t have started a fight with her.”

Sydney sent him a disbelieving look.  “Are you serious?” she asked in a squeaky voice.  “That’s it?  I’ve been trying to make you stop for an hour, and one word from her and you quit?”

“I’m taking her advice.  Ally wouldn’t tell me to do anything unless it would benefit my family in the long run.”

“Blake is right,” Ally said.  “I wouldn't tell you two to do anything if I did not think it was helpful.”

Blake felt like he was missing something important.  There was something in her words that made him think she was leading to something, something he would not like very much.

“I’m sorry,” Sydney said with a sigh flashing her brown eyes at him.  “It was uncalled for, and I’ll pay for the damage on the car.”

Ally dropped her hand and raised an eyebrow.  The action reminded Blake of Zeke, another infuriating were-leopard.  If Blake wanted to be honest with himself, he found the expression on Ally’s face just as unnerving as it was on Zeke’s.

“I slammed the door too hard,” Sydney explained while glancing at the ground in guilt.  Sebastian let out a laugh causing Blake to glance at him for the first time since the two walked into the room.  Sebastian was gazing at his mate in admiration. 

Stepping forward, Sebastian grabbed Ally by the waist and pulled her body into his.  Blake could hear the words that the man said even if they were whispered.  “You are going to be a great mom.  Look, you already have two kids under control.”

Blake shrugged.  It was true; the two of them were acting like children.  There was no point in defending himself over something so trivial.  Sydney must have had other ideas, because her head snapped up and she glared at Sebastian.  “I am not a child.”

Wrong words, Blake thought as Ally turned her glowing green eyes on Sydney.  “The only reason why you are still here is because I like your brother.  I promise that if you do not learn to respect those who are more powerful than you, you won’t live long.”

“Is that a threat?”

Ally shook her head with a small smile on her face.  “I don’t make threats.  I make promises.”

Sydney’s mouth shut, but Blake could tell she wanted to say more.  Shaking his head, he turned his attention to the couple.  Ally’s body had relaxed and her eyes were slowly turning back to their normal green color.  The shade was just as beautiful as they were before.  Blake always loved the green that Korbin, Ally, and him all had in common.

“I need you two to do something for me,” Ally said with a serene smile on her face.  Her expression wasn’t completely focused, and Blake knew without having to ask that her and Sebastian were having an internal conversation.  Blake couldn’t hear the exact words, but he could feel a buzzing sensation as Ally projected her thoughts to Sebastian.

“What is it?” Blake asked without hesitation.  She would do anything for him, and he would returned the favor in whole.

Her eyes focused on him.  “How much do you know about the situation that happened earlier?”

“Everything,” Sydney replied.  “Marcus filled us in on the way back to the cabin.”

“Good.  I have a tip as to where Emma’s mom is.  I need you two to follow It.”

“Of course.  Where are we going?” Blake asked with a nod at the same time Sydney said, “You don’t expect me to just leave my life and go, do you?”

Ally turned her gaze on Sydney.  “Your brother approved it, if you are wondering.  I think that means you’re screwed.  No getting out of it for you.  Now, you two will be going to Alaska.”

“Alaska?” Sydney whispered with horror in her voice.

“Alaska,” Ally echoed with a large calculating smile.

***Book covers by xxdrkluvxx***