Chapter 19

Dark clouds were still haunting the sky. Graciento sighed and called Davis.

"Davis what's the position?" He asked in a stern voice.

"The weather is still bad Sir, surely the rain is steady now but it's really windy out there! Flights schedules haven't been official till now!" Davis replied.

Graciento placed his phone in his pocket and gazed at the sky again. It has been 5 hours since he was like this. He hated rain yet he couldn't tear his eyes away from the sky. All he could see was her face.

2 dvds down. Grace was soo happy, she loved horror movies while Theo held a cushion in front of his face every time he found a scary part. They were comfortably settled on the mattress Grace had laid earlier in front of the home cinema system. Empty coffee mugs and plates, empty chips and wafers packets rested by their side. Theo and Grace decided to clear the area before jumping on another movie. The delicious smell of pizza tickled their nostrils as they made their way to the kitchen.

Seeing them coming Edwardo and Gishnetta became silent. Theo and Grace exchanged bizarre looks.

"Okay... I suppose we interrupted your personal talks!" Theo grimaced as he and Grace giggled.

"What happened mama? Is there a problem?" Asked Grace.

"None at all Grace... it's just that..." Edwardo started.

"It's just that we were talking about your admission in university." Gishnetta interrupted.

Edwardo shot her the <what the hell> look.

"Ohh mama we are still in December and my results are coming in February only... please don't worry about it for the time being!"

"Your mama is confident that you are going to have the best result as always.. and she wants you to go to the best university wherever you want to. After all she worked so hard only for you... right?" Gishnetta said with a cute smile.

"Uhhmm.. okay mama I promise am gonna think about it...uhmmm well we are done with the cleaning... we gonna carry on with our third movie! Uhmm hope the pizza gonna be ready soon!" Grace turned to Theo who nodded and followed her back to the living room.

"Why did you have to interrupt Gish? I had to tell her and she has the right to know!" Edwardo exclaimed.

"Know what? Tell me... know what?? That her biological father is here in this city!" Gishnetta cried out.

"Look Gish, he is here and as you already explained to me, he came to meet you twice to sort out things but you didn't give him a chance to and you don't even know why he is here!" Edwardo spilled out.

"I know what he did with you is unforgivable but look into the matter as a mature woman and not like a betrayed lover!" Edwardo started.

Gishnetta met his eyes not understanding what he means.

"Gish you blame him of not being fair to you and neither to Grace.. right? But he doesn't even know her existence so how can you accuse him as such?" Edwardo said as he wiped her tears.

"You remember the day you went to look for him? You only took what was on tv to be true! You didn't even go and ask him what was actually happening! I understand that you were hurt knowing that he was getting married but Gish that was only a news! You blame him for not being fair with you but I blame you for not being fair with him! You might be thinking that I'm favoring him but that's not true! I love Grace and if now a father's love is written in her fate so let it be like this!" Edwardo tried to convince.

"But that love, Grace is already getting from you! In fact she took you as a father from the very day she realised the meaning of a father!" Gishnetta said softly as if searching for his emotional side.