Chapter 13

"Gish whose that?" Ed asked from behind of her.

"I don't know Ed, nobody talked!" Gish said putting back her phone in her bag and left it in the car and got off.

"Theo turn off the music and park the car hurriedly, we are waiting for you." Gish said as she helped Grace out of the car too.

"Ohhhh mama! Templo Da Carne Marcos Bassi!!! My favorite... I didn't see that coming!" Grace said overwhelmed.

They waited for Theo, Edwardo, Robert and grannies and then entered the restaurant. Grace placed her hands over her mouth in shock when she realised that all her friends, teachers and Theo's parents also were here, singing happy birthday for her disturbing other clients who actually sang along.

"I.... I don't know what to say, " Edwardo and Gish exchanged a sweet smile. Edwardo took Grace's hand and walked her to the family table they had booked. A beautiful cake adorned the table. Edwardo whispered something in Grace's ears and her eyes were wet. She searched for Theo and grabbed him by his hand to make him stand beside her, then she pecked his cheeks quickly and murmured, "thank you".

"Let's cut the cake, " her friends started to yell.

She took the knife and cut it. She first gave her mama a bite then Edwardo and Robert and grannies. Theo frowned, she smiled. Grace then took a large piece and stuffed it in Theo's mouth and everybody laughed.

Grace received lots of gifts which Robert and Edwardo kept in the car. Dinner was superb. After that, dessert was served. There was a sudden announcement which startled every one.

"Ladies and gentlemen this band is here to entertain you tonight for the sake of someone special's birthday. So everyone give a big round of applause for the one and only Dearving Band performing today specially to wish Miss Grace Dwarnier a very happy birthday."

Grace nearly dropped her ice cream on her gown. "My favourite band!" She screamed. The band played all her favorite songs and everyone left their dessert and started to dance.

Meanwhile in Boston

"Davis," Graciento called him.

"Yes, sir"

"Ask the pilot to keep my jet ready! We will be flying to Brazil." Graciento announced.

"Errr by 'we' you mean... ?" Davis let his question trail.

"I mean you and I! I'll be needed you over there Davis." Graciento said.

Davis started to protest then Graciento added firmly, "that's not a request Davis, that's an order!"

"Euh right sir, " Davis hung.

And now I have to convince mom, Graciento thought. His eyes searched for her and eventually he found her forcing his father to drink some soup. Graciento didn't want to disturb them but he had to.

He cleared his throat and Granita turned to face him.

"Oh dear son please make your father understand that he has to drink his soup."

Graciento smiled at his mother and reached for a chair. He silently took the bowl in his hand and placed a spoonful of soup near his father's mouth which Andrew accepted with a smile.

"Ahh there you go mom." He winked at his mother.

"Ohh thank you son, euh tell me were you searching for me?"

"Uhmm yes mom.. actually I'll have to leave." Graciento said.

"Leave? Ok but take Margarita with you honey else she'll feel left out."

"Mom... I am leaving for London not home." Graciento said hesitantly.

"London! Out of a sudden? At this hour? Why?" Granita exclaimed.

"Business mom, I have a really important deal to conclude and I'll have to leave right away."

"I guess you have your reasons. Have a good flight then and call me as you reach please."

"Ohh I will," Graciento couldn't help a soft smile.

He bent to hug his father and murmured something in his ears. Andrew nodded and smiled back at his son. Graciento then kissed his mother goodbye and went straight to his car to get his jet.

In Sao Paulo, Brazil

"Oh mama that was the best birthday ever." Grace said clutching to Gish's arm. They were in their way back home completely exhausted. Theo drive their car while Edwardo drove Robert and grannies.

Gish kissed her forehead and let her cuddle against her. Theo pulled the car in the driveway and Edwardo followed.

"Can I sleep with you tonight.... please!" Grace asked Gish as they entered the house.

"Of course honey," Gish replied affectionately.

"Aunt Joel, aunt Perry and uncle Robert your rooms are ready, please get some rest." Gish motioned them to the rooms. They nodded and kissed everyone goodnight.

"Theo and Ed I'm going to have the guestroom ready for you," Gish started to the room when Ed held her by her arm.

"It's okay Gish, I'm going to drop Theo and get home." Edwardo said.

"Ed are you kidding me!! it's 3. 30 a.m. and you are exhausted. Please stay here tonight and you are on leave so don't give me work excuses and my dear Theo this is your mommy's order... so you two get to the guest room." Gish said in an authoritative tone.

"That's great, I'll get you two something to change," Grace said happily as Edwardo gave her the gifts she got to place in her room.

"Oh I completely forgot about the gifts. Mama can we please open them up?" Grace asked excitement in his eyes.

"No way Grace, it's already too late and we all need to take rest. You understand baby?" Gish asked as she rubbed Grace's chin, "but I guess we can make an exception for today," Gish added and pinched her cheeks.
Grace's face glowed in excitement.

"Well we are not sleepy anyway so can we join?" Theo asked cutely.

"Sure," Gish said, "you guys freshen up I'll brew some coffee."

While later the four of them were comfortably settled over the mattress Edwardo spread on the balcony. They talked, opened gifts, had coffee, laugh hard and finally fell asleep.