Chapter 3

What could this be? Grace thought. She had got into bed clutching her soft pillow over her lap with the diary over it for the past ten minutes as if it were a merciless insect.

Okay! Whatever its content over it asap since I asked for; Grace told herself. She carefully undid the lace and opened it. She took a deep breath and began.

"Dear Grace,
I know you are very curious about my past and you always wanted to know what bothering me inside. The reason I chose this day because it's your 18th birthday and I am sure you are much mature to understand situations.

From my childhood till teenage I lived in San Francisco city in the USA. Yeah I know you would be shocked to know where I come from! I am sorry I just couldnt tell you this before. My mother was Brazilian while my father American. My mother came from a quite modest family but she was educated enough so as to get a good job and earn her living. She was really very determined in life and she was really beautiful. Every now and then she would receive marriage proposals but she wanted to experience the fantasy called love.

And one day she felt it... Senator Bryan Denise, my father, he had export business and had inherited huge wealth from his ancestors which made him really wealthy. At first sight they fell in love and they kept meeting secretly since my father was in Brazil for official works. Their love story expanded further. Days went by and my father had to go back to L. A where he lived but he promised to come back soon.

One month passed by without any news of him. My mother couldn't  handle this pain any further. She took all her savings and went to America to find him. But she was so unfortunate. As she landed there half of her belongings were lost and most of her money as well. She was doing the streets by foot when she fainted.

At her awake she found herself in a house and an old lady sitting beside her. That woman was Margaret who I call granny. Granny announced my mother that she was pregnant. My mother broke into tears and narrated her story to granny who felt pity on her and gave her a place in her house.

There she was friends with granny's 2 grand daughters Aunt Joel and Aunt Perry who are now your grannys. During my mother's pregnancy they helped her a lot. Finally I was born and on that very day on every news channel and newspapers there was only highlight.
《Pomp marriage of Senator Bryan Denise the day after tomorrow at Denise Mansion》.

My mother was shattered yet she took the courage and went there to talk to him. But all she got was a huge denial. My father even denied in front of all the guests and the media that I was his child though the resemblance.

And this was not enough for he threw her out, humiliating her. That day she had had enough of her life... After a week of suffering she was found dead on her bed.

My mother had died out of agony and pain leaving behind a ten days old child!!! ME!!! "