034 - Complications

Ji Eun looked at the sky. Its color was slowly welcoming the night. Ever since she heard the surprising news from Suzy, everything inside her felt uneasy...including her heart.

The atmosphere at the terrace was crisp and cool and it made Ji Eun embrace comfort. With a sigh, she decided to march back to her room and grabbed her towel hanging on her closet.

"I'll just take a shower." She mumbled at Suzy who's busy doing her Math homework.

"Yeah sure." Suzy responded without even removing her gaze from her notebook. Her tongue sticking out at the corner of her lips because of too much concentration.

Just as Ji Eun was about to twist the door's knob of the bathroom, it already opened, revealing Chanyeol whose face was wet while Ji Eun quietly gasped because of astonishment.

The boy just walked pass her as if she was invisible, making Ji Eun wonder. Chanyeol will usually tease her or give her an irritating smirk so she was exactly expecting it but he didn't do anything. So just as he was about to enter his room, he heard his name from her, causing him to turn his head and give the girl a questioning look.

"Are you alright?" Ji Eun asked with a worried tone.

Chanyeol shrugged. "Why'd you ask?"

Ji Eun pursed her lips before making a response. "I don't know...It's just...you've been quiet ever since we got home from school."

Chanyeol was wiping his face with the towel that was draped around his neck as he listened. After that, he gave her a blank stare.

*No. I'm completely crestfallen. My heart's broken and it hurts.*

"I'm alright. Thanks for asking though."

And with that statement of his, he went inside his room just like a leaf being driven by a vicious wind.

Ji Eun pursed her lips as she tried to process the boy's response. And somehow, she noticed that his words didn't match the tone of his voice especially the expression of his eyes.

~:~

"So where's the music room?" Ji Eun hastily asked as she and Myungsoo walked through the hallway. It was their thirty minute lunch break and the two of them decided to spend it in the music room by having a discussion about Ji Eun's plan for the foundation day.

The creaking sound of the opening door was heard throughout the empty room while Ji Eun gaped in awe.

"Tada," Myungsoo mumbled and walked towards the piano that's shimmering because of the sun's light through the window beside it.

"This is absolutely amazing." The girl said, feeling the presence of music albeit there was silence. Maybe it's just that every where she looked, there were different musical instruments.

Myungsoo patted the empty space beside him, beckoning Ji Eun who's currently marvelling at where they were.

"So where's the lyrics?" Myungsoo questioned as the two of them dwarfed the chair. His heart was beating fast as he got near to her presence.

"Here," Ji Eun handed him a notebook with words that were written legibly.

Myungsoo excused a minute to read what she had done while Ji Eun, on the other hand, was cluelessly pressing a random key, creating a thin melodic sound.

"Wow this is good." Myungsoo huffed while nodding, completely impressed at the girl's work.

Ji Eun averted her attention to him and a grin automatically painted her face.