006 - A Conversation

It was Friday of the first week of classes and Ji Eun was frustrated. They were having a discussion about their first lesson in Trigonometry, the subject before their PE class.

She somehow can’t manage what her teacher is talking about, something about numbers. Well…yeah.

Her notebook was full of unexplainable scribbles and this is what she did throughout the discussion.

Ji Eun excused herself to go to the restroom even though her main purpose is to escape this subject.

As soon as she got out, she covered her face by her hand and sighed heavily.

She made her way in the restroom with a depressed face and looked at herself through the mirror.

Her hair was slightly messy so she combed it using only her fingers.

She slapped her very own rosy cheeks and whined childishly. “Oh pixie dusts…that lesson gave my brain a fright.”

She shook her head and took a deep breath. “No…you can do this Ji Eun.”

Ji Eun stared at herself and closed her eyes. “Oh who am I kidding, I can’t do it.”

She groaned and dragged herself outside with a frown.

As she took some steps on the cemented floor, Ji Eun was whining quietly…the type that only she can hear. Ji Eun was so caught up in her depression that she didn’t even know that the lace of her left running shoes were untied. Before she even realized it, her right foot accidentally step on it making Ji Eun fell on her knees. Her elbows kept her upper body from falling flat on the ground.

Ji Eun sat on the floor, moaning. She looked at her elbows and was shocked to see that it was bleeding.

Just as she saw the blood, she suddenly felt the pain and how it hurts a lot.

She just stared at it until her eyes became watery and in the end, she cried.

Myungsoo was on his way to his room when he heard a whining sound. He looked to his left and there, he saw a girl sitting on the floor with untied shoelaces…and crying.

He approached her with a wrinkled brow. “Hey miss is everything alright?”

Ji Eun looked at him with a red face and teary eyes. “Do I look like I’m alright?!”

She rolled her eyes and looked at the scars on her elbow again, ignoring the guy who’s standing right in front of her.

Myungsoo was taken aback at her response and saw the scar on her elbow. He then, saw her untied shoelaces. Well, he didn’t have to ask how her scar occurred.

He bent down to meet her and grimaced when he saw the scar. “Go to the clinic and let the nurse clean it.”

Ji Eun sniffed and rubbed her eyes. “They will heal this?”

He raised his brow. “Uhh yeah sort of,”

Myungsoo gave her a nod and stood up, leaving Ji Eun.

“Wait! Where’s the clinic?”

Myungsoo stopped from his tracks and looked at her. “It’s beside the Admission’s office. You want me to accompany you?”

Ji Eun pursed her lips and nodded.

~:~

Ji Eun was seated on a chair when the nurse wiped her scar carefully using a cotton with Betadine.

“OUCH! That hurts!” Ji Eun screamed with tears.

The nurse was somehow astonished at her reaction but she didn’t stop wiping the scar.