035 - A Song for You

"What?!" Ji Eun exclaimed after seeing Suzy curled up on her bed with a depressed face when she entered the room..

Suzy slowly nodded while Ji Eun huffed in disbelief. "You mean, Kikwang left you? What was that all about?"

Hearing her words, Suzy started to cry again and buried her face on a white pillow. "It was a bet, Ji Eun. A freakin' bet."

Ji Eun frowned at her statement and without hesitation, she walked out of the room and quickly headed downstairs where Chanyeol was located. He was idly resting on the couch with a Banana milk.

"Where's auntie?" The girl asked while Chanyeol just shrugged.

"She's still at work so I went home alone." He replied, emphasizing the last word. Ji Eun gave him an I-didn't-get-it look while Chanyeol just rolled his eyes.

"Look, we need to help Suzy." Ji Eun said as she placed her hands on her waist.

Chanyeol boringly looked up to her. "Huh?"

"She's crying." Ji Eun pointed out and suddenly became surprise at Chanyeol's change of expression because when she let out those words, Chanyeol's face was suddenly covered by concern.

"What?" He said with a furrowed brow.

The girl cleared her throat. "W-well...she told me that Kikwang...broke up with her."

Without hesitation, Chanyeol quickly walked pass her and went upstairs in a swift move, bewildering Ji Eun but she still followed behind.

Suzy was still curled up on her bed when Chanyeol suddenly barged in. "Suzy, what happened?"

Hearing that deep voice of his, Suzy knew it was him. She knew it was the boy who stood up as her biological brother.

She sat up on her bed and saw him standing by the door with a furrowed brow but no matter how stern his face was, his concern was visible.

The both of them looked at each other in silence until Chanyeol saw that her eyes were slowly being filled by tears.

Being a caring brother for Suzy ever since they were kids, Chanyeol walked towards her and when he did, Suzy wrapped her arms around his waist since Chanyeol was standing.

"Cha--hick--nnie." Suzy whimpered while Chanyeol kept on patting her back although he felt that his wrinkled shirt was slowly getting wet because of her tears.

After a minute of crying, Chanyeol removed her arms around him and crouched in front of her to meet her eyes that were full of weary.

His heart clenched when he realized that pain was painted on her face because those eyes of hers that were always full of happiness were being filled by tears and it sent chills down in his spine.

"W-what happened?" He gently asked, trying to understand.

The girl inhaled deeply and bit her lower lip. When she tried to explain, her lips started to tremble and when she was so close to crying again, Chanyeol held her shoulders and looked at her with intense.

"Suzy, don't cry. Look at me. Tell me what happened." He said because one of the things he hate the most is seeing her vulnerability.

Suzy breathe in and tried to gather bravery. "Kikwang...broke up with me..."

Chanyeol nodded to show her that he was sincerely listening. "Why?"

Suzy looked at the blank ceiling and blinked back her tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. "He...t-told me it was just a bet."