029 - Fun

Chanyeol took a deep breath after preparing the dining table. He bit his lower lip as he placed his hand on his waist, thinking of some ways on how he will talk to Ji Eun after of what just happened. He was about to take his steps out from the kitchen but suddenly stopped himself.

With a grunt, he took a seat on one of the chairs surrounding the table and puffed his cheeks.

"C'mon Chanyeol..." He muttered while scratching his head.

He was scolding himself for not having the courage to tell the girl that it's time to eat because of what happened a while ago. He fixed his eyes on the food that he prepared. "Ugh forget it. I'm hungry."

The latter shrugged his thoughts away and decided to just fill in the desires of his stomach, not even thinking of Ji Eun who's probably hungry too.

Ji Eun, on the other hand, was playing Angry Birds again on her phone but after a few minutes, she got bored so she set aside her phone and puffed her cheeks when an aroma entered her nostrils, causing her tummy to grumble. She sniffed heavily and stood up.

Chanyeol was eating peacefully when Ji Eun suddenly barged in and the boy almost swore that he heard his stomach churn.

"Eh? The food's already done and you didn't even call me." The girl muttered with a pout and took a seat across him.

Chanyeol decided to not make a response and tried his best to avoid her presence.

Ji Eun pursed her lips as she tried to take some quick glances at the boy settled across her. Of course, she can't deny the fact that she also found it awkward but then again, she's doing her best to shrug away her thoughts too.

The both of them were completely wrapped by silence and this silence is not just an ordinary quietness because this kind of silence that they're currently experiencing is dead awkward as if they could almost hear the beating of each other's hearts.

A few minutes had gone by and still, none of them dared to let out a single word.

The temperature was in between but Chanyeol was feeling uncomfortable and it is as if there were invisible beads of sweat were rolling on his forehead. His eyes were still focused on the plate as he swallowed a piece of Samgyupsal and then out of nowhere, he told himself to try to take a quick glance...

Just...

one...

glance...

So slowly, he took off his eyes on the plate and fixed it on the girl across him but much to his surprise, Ji Eun was looking also, causing him to choke himself.

He coughed heavily and quickly grabbed the glass of water.

He. was. completely. embarassing. himself.

When he could finally breathe normally, he settled the glass on its original position and realized that Ji Eun was chuckling, causing him to huff in disbelief.

"What?" He said, irritated.

"Oh nothing, you're just funny." Ji Eun shook her head as she said it with a teasing tone.

"Funny..." Chanyeol mocked and settled his attention to his food, hoping that he would finish it soon without choking.

When he's finally done, he stood up from his seat and put his plate on the sink. Without a word, Chanyeol left the room.

He was about to make his way upstairs when he suddenly saw the two pictures on the couch. He clicked his tongue and and quickly grabbed it before taking his steps on the stairs.