Stay

Sofia's POV.

It was already a new day and I couldn't sleep last night because I had a bad feeling about the new princess. I guess all I have to do is be friendly.

Violet came in and said, "Good Morning, Princess Sofia. You're awake already?"

"I-I didn't sleep last night.." I sighed.

Viloet was shocked. "Why? What's wrong, dear?"

I couldn't keep a secret from Violet because she is also my friend. "Well, there's this new princess and she wanted to dance with my best friend, Prince Hugo. But when Amber told the new princess that Hugo was going to pick me, she just glared at Amber. I have a feeling she will get a way on getting Hugo to be her date.."

Violet gave me a sad look. "Well, Sofia, Hugo picked you and that won't change."

I was starting to feel a little better, but I was sleepy.

"Are you in the mood to go to school today, Sofia?" Violet asked me.

I nodded no. I'm sleepy and I might sleep in the whole class.

"Alright, dear. I will tell your Mom and Dad. You stay here and wait for your breakfast." Violet said smiling at me.

"Thanks, Violet." I replied.

Violet went out of my room.

A few moments later, Amber and James went in my room. They both looked worried.

"Sof, why didn't you get any sleep last night?" James asked. He was in Big Brother mode.

"Not now, James. I understand why Sofia couldn't sleep last night." Amber said. I can see that James is confused.

"Can you please tell me, Sof?" James begged me.

"Alright." I said.

Amber and I explained about the new princess. James was furious.

Suddenly Mom and Dad came in.

"Sofia, dear, why didn't you get any sleep last night?" Mom asked. I didn't want to tell her about the new princess or about what happened.

"I'd rather not talk about it, mom.." I said looking down.

"If you say so." Dad said. "I heard you can't go to school today."

"Daddy, she might sleep at class. She'd better stay here." Amber said. I'm so lucky to have a sister like her.

"Well, if you insist." Dad said.

"Daddy, I think Sofia needs company." Amber said.

"Amber, dear, you need to go to class. Sofia has enough company already." Mom said.

Amber sighed. "Fine."

Baileywick came in my room and he gave me breakfast.

After I ate breakfast, Amber and James went to school and I stayed in my room and finally, I slept.