Chapter |31|

Chapter 31
Mason-
Next day-

   I walked into Jordyn's room and stopped in my tracks seeing Kyren standing in front of jordyn whom was laying in bed talking quietly.

They both looked at me and she bit her lip sitting next up "what's going on here?" I asked walking in "oh nothing. Just having a talk" Kyren smiled politely making me clench my jaw.

"I hope you'll change your mind. The position will always be open for you" he said and she just looked down nodding. I stared at her blank expression as he walked out closing the door behind him.

I walked to the bed sitting down next to her, "what was that about?" I asked and she hugged her legs "he wants me to join the council" she sighed making me frown.

"I said no... But he kinda insisted"

"Are you going to?" I asked and she shook her head, "no. I'm done with the council" she whispered and I sighed kissing her temple.

"When are we going home?" She asked putting her head on my shoulder "soon-"

"I don't want to be here anymore" she whispered closing her eyes, I put my arm around her stroking her side and she just sat there. "Can we bring Evie with us?" She asked

"If she wants too" I murmured quietly, she looked out the window with a blank expression.

It pains me to see her with such a blank look...

She sighed looking at me "I'm sorry" she whispered "for what?"

"Being like this" she whispered quietly, "you have nothing to be sorry about" I whispered moving her hair. "I wanna go home" she whispered quietly, I kissed her forehead closing my eyes...

                                ***
  "How is she?" Daniel asked looking in at Jordyn whom laid in bed staring out the window with that blank expression. "Homesick. She wants to go home already"

"What are we waiting for then?" He asked making me sigh "I don't want her to move so much-"

"So we'll take turns carrying her. She wants to go home Mason. She hasn't been there in so long. You really think she wants to stay here?" He asked making me sigh looking at her.  "We should leave after the sacrifice. Finally get this shit done with" he muttered walking away sighing.

I walked in the room closing the door behind me and walked to the bed laying down next to her. I laid on my side wrapping my arm around her waist kissing her shoulder, she sighed holding my hand closing her eyes.

"We're going home" I whispered in her ear making her sigh, she turned over facing me and put her face in my chest. She put her hand on my chest and looked up at me, "kiss me" she whispered.

"We haven't kissed... It's been months since we've seen each other and now that we're back... Things won't be the same will they?" She whispered making me sigh. "No. They won't. But sometimes change is good right?"

"Not like this" she whispered looking in my eyes, I put my forehead on hers feeling her pain and sadness. "I'm sorry" I whispered closing my eyes, she put her hands on my neck pulling me closer.

"Kiss me. Please" she whispered

I moved her hair leaning forward when the door opened, I sighed in annoyance and she put her face in my neck sighing. I looked over my shoulder as she wrapped her arm around my neck.

"Alpha Caine wants to talk to you" Daniel said peeking in, "okay. Give me a few minutes" I muttered and he nodded glancing at Jordyn. He bit his lip walking out closing the door and I rubbed her arm, I looked down at her seeing tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Hey. Stop with the crying" I whispered softly wiping her tears away, she sniffed looking at me, I moved her hair leaning forward pressing my lips against hers.

She kissed back closing her eye cupping my face, I closed my eyes feeling her emotions. Sadness, pain, anger, regret, guilt...

I just wish I can take it all away...

She deepened the kiss pulling me closer and I put my hand on her waist, she sighed running her fingers through my hair and I pulled away feeling her tear land on my cheek.

I wiped her tears away looking at her and she shook her head "I don't know why I'm even crying" she whispered, I pulled her closer to me hugging her and she cried in my chest. "Shh kitten" I whispered rubbing her back, she squeezed my shirt in her fists and sobbed covering her face.

Jace whimpered listening to her cries, 'what do we do? How can we make her better?' He asked whining in pain.

'I don't know. Being a shoulder to cry on and just being there for her will be enough-'

'She's in pain, physically and mentally! This isn't enough!' He said in frustration pacing back and forth, 'she just needs time Jace... It hurts me to see her like this too but... She needs time'

He sighed laying down and I looked down at jordyn whom was staring out the window silently with tears rolling down her cheeks. I wiped them away kissing her head and she closed her eyes hugging me.

'She just needs time...'

*****************************************
A/n ~ sorry if this chapter is short but I knew I had to post today so many when I edit this I'll add more?

Anyway I know these last few chapters that I've posted have been boring but in my opinion something is better than nothing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . Plus I think writing these little chapters kind of help me figure out how I'm going to write the rest of the story, especially the ending. So I hope you guys don't mind these little uneventful chapters 😬.