Chapter |30|

Chapter 30
Mason-

   I walked in the room looking around and frowned not seeing Jordyn in bed making my heart race. "Jordyn?!" I called out looking around, I walked into the bathroom and sighed in relief as she was sitting in the bath hugging her legs.

"Hey" I said going to her but she stood shut, I walked to the tub bending down and moved her damp hair. "Hey" I whispered making her blink, she looked at me resting her head on her knees.

"You okay?" I asked and she just looked down, "it was our pup" she whispered making me sigh, "they said It was the actual miscarriage..." She mumbled looking at the water.

I stared at her as she stared at the water with a blank expression, Jace whimpered feeling her pain and sadness. I sighed grabbing the bath sponge sitting up, "let's get you clean then back in bed okay?" I whispered looking at her but she just sat there.

I grabbed the soap moving her hair over her shoulder as began washing her back gently. "I might bleed for a few days..." She whispered with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I sat there washing her and saw something at the corner of my eye move, I looked up seeing Evie standing there looking at Jordyn worriedly. "Do you need anything?" She asked quietly, "some clothes" I said and she nodded glancing at Jordyn whom just sat there staring at the water. She sighed walking out and I sat up grabbing the shampoo washing her hair.

She closed her eyes hugging her legs making Jace wine, I bit my lip washing her and kissed her temple closing my eyes. "I'm so sorry" I whispered making her look down...

                               ***
  I looked at Jordyn sleeping as the door opened, Daniel peeked in "the meeting is about to start soon" he said making me sigh. "How long?" I asked

"A few minutes" he mumbled walking to Jordyn moving her hair, "I heard what happened last night" he said making me sigh leaning back. "How's she holding up?"

"Not too good"

"I don't blame her" he sighed looking down at her sleeping figure, "I'll be there in a few" I said and he nodded. He kissed her temple softly and walked out the room closing the door, I sighed running my fingers through my hair and stood up cracking my back.

"Mason" I heard and looked seeing Jordyn was staring at me, "Hey" I said going to her and she laid on her back. "I want to go. To the meeting" she said

"You can't. You need to stay in bed" I said and she just looked at me, "please?" She whispered looking at me with those violet eyes... "I'll ask someone if you can" I said and she nodded, she sat up and closed her eyes.

"What?" I frowned as her lip quivered, she pulled down the sheets and I sighed seeing a spot of blood in her gown. "You really should stay in bed-"

"I want to go" she said staring at the stain, I sighed walking out the room as she sat on the edge of the bed looking out the window with a blank expression.

                                ***
  "ready?" I asked looking at Jordyn as she was wearing my black sweater and a pair of grey sweatpants. "Yeah" she mumbled putting her hair behind her ear, I moved out the way revealing the wheel chair and she gave me a look clenching her jaw.

"It's either this or nothing. You can't be walking too much" I said crossing my arms over my chest. She sighed walking past me and sat in the chair leaning back, I walked behind her grabbing the handles and began to push her.

"I hate this" I heard her whisper hugging herself making me sigh. I pushed her down the hall towards the office, I pushed the door open making everyone look up.

I pushed the chair in and Daniel stood up, Jordyn bit her lip nervously looking at everyone. "Jordyn" Kyren smiled softly at her, "is it okay if I join?" She asked looking around.

"It's perfectly fine" Caine said standing up, "we haven't met yet. I'm Alpha Caine" he said holding his hand out and she smiled softly at him shaking his hand "nice to meet you" she said "likewise" he smiled at her.

He moved an empty chair out the way and I pushed the wheelchair closer to the table sitting her next to Evangeline. They looked at each other smiling softly and Evie grabbed her hand holding it.

I sat next to her sighing and leaned on the table looking at Jordyn at the corner of my eye. She sat there with a blank expression just looking at everyone, I hated how emotionless she was... Not that I blame her.

It just pained me to see her that way...

I put my hand on her knee rubbing it and looked at Daniel as he looked at her worriedly. "As I was saying before. We will be doing the sacrifice tomorrow night at the tree" he said making Jordyn tense. I squeezed her knee In reassurance, she put her hand on mine biting her lip.

"Will it work?" Daniel asked

"All they need is a heart right?-"

"The heart of a female white wolf though" he said making me tense, "we don't know that for sure" Kyren said glancing at Jordyn. "What happens after that? If it does work"

"That... We are still thinking about. What we do know is that there will still be a council. But we are going to recruit some people we think is worthy of the job" Kyren said making everyone nod.

"What about the others? What's going to happen to them?" Evangeline asked softly. "Well they will be stripped of their positions of course what will happen after that will be confidential-"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jordyn muttered making me squeeze her knee. "Will you kill them?"

"No. We won't kill them even though there aren't many left but we will put them some place where they can't hurt anyone else" he said making her tense.

"Will that even work? They are stronger than most of us" Caine said "we have a place to hold the most strongest beings. I'm sure we can handle them" he said and Jordyn tensed.

"Is it another facility?" She asked tensely making me tense, "facility-"

"Like the one they put me in? Is it like that?" She asked "I wasn't aware about the facility you went to-"

"Bullshit" she muttered Looking at him

'Jordyn' I said cautiously in our mind link, "When I met you. That was the first I've heard of the facility being true, Ive heard rumors but I never believed  it to be true" he said and she just looked down clenching her jaw.

"Innocent people were tortured" she muttered "I know. The place I'm referring too doesn't torture people and none of them are innocent" he said sitting up.

"Why are you all of a suddenly acting like a leader?" She asked making Evie look at her, "you always sat to the side yet now you're acting like your in charge" she said making me sigh, "jordyn" I mumbled making her clench her jaw.

"I think I want to go back to my room" she whispered tensely making me look at her. "I'll take you" Evie said standing up, Jordyn stared at the floor as Evie pulled the chair away.

"Sorry about her-"

"Don't apologize for me Dad" Jordyn said from outside the door making me smirk as he sighed shaking his head.

"It's quite alright. Anyone would've thought the same" Kyren said as the door closed. I rubbed my chin leaning back in my seat thinking about her...