Chapter |28|

Chapter 28
Mason-

    I heard a creak next to me making me sigh in annoyance.

Someone better not be coming in this room again.

I opened my eyes glaring at the door seeing it was still closed, I frowned blinking and sat up wiping my face. I looked down at my arm and took off the bandage seeing I was already healed.

I looked up and froze as Jordyn was sitting up staring at the wall holding the sides of the bed, "Jordyn?" I said standing up quickly and she just sat there.

"Hey" I whispered sitting in front of her, "Mason" she whispered looking at me. "I'm here" I said taking her soft hand and she squeezed it tightly shaking.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and I cupped the back of her neck, she held my arm tightly digging her nails in my skin. "Mason" she cried hugging me tightly squeezing my shirt.

I pulled her onto my lap holding her closely and she wrapped her arms around my neck shaking, "Mason" she whimpered. "You're okay" i said in her ear rubbing her back softly.

She sat up slowly cupping my face looking at me, "are you really here? O-or is this a dream? I'm dreaming again aren't I?" She cried and I shook my head "no kitten your not dreaming" I said moving her hair and she shut her eyes crying hugging me tightly. "You're okay now" I whispered hugging her tightly against me hoping to calm down her shaking.

"What happened? How did I get here?" She hiccuped looking around the room, "last thing I remember is... Oh god!" She whispered wide eyed breathing hard, "hey hey. Look at me, don't think about anything new right now okay?-"

"Mason, our pup. He said I'm pregnant" she whispered making me sigh, "Mason?" She whispered grabbing the front of my shirt. "Our pup didn't make it" I whispered making her look down squeezing my shirt. She covered her mouth sobbing loudly and I hugged her, she cried loudly shaking her head "no. No. No" she cried.

"I'm sorry baby" I whispered in her ear as she shook violently breathing hard. "breathe kitten. Breathe" I said cupping her face as she sobbed, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" She cried holding my shirt in her fists.

"Jordyn Breathe-"

"I'm so sorry" she sobbed closing her eyes making me sigh, Jace whimpered inside of me feeling her pain. I put my hand on her neck kissing her forehead, I pressed my thumb on her pressure point closing my eyes and she went limp in my arms.

I sighed looking down at her wiping her tears away and laid her down, I held her hand fixing the covers over her and put my palm on her stomach. "I'm sorry" I whispered intertwining our fingers...

                                  ***

    I watched her as she laid there staring out the window with a blank expression. "Hey" I whispered rubbing her arm and she looked at me blinking, "do you want to see your Dad?" I asked softly moving her hair.

"He's here?" Her voice rasped quietly, I nodded stroking her hair and she nodded. "I'll go get him" I whispered and she just looked out the window with a blank expression making me sigh.

I stood up kissing her temple and walked out the room glancing back at her as she just laid there silently, I walked out the room looking around for Daniel.

I followed his scent upstairs and saw him talking to Evangeline, "Daniel" I said making them both look at me. "She's awake" I mumbled and he stood up quickly, "is she okay?" Evie asked worriedly.

"She's not doing to good... I told her about our pup" I said making her sigh, "she wants to see you" I said to Daniel. He walked out quickly and i just stood there leaning against the doorway.

"You okay?" Evie asked looking at me, "yeah..." I sighed walking away and she just looked at me. "Come" I said as I walked back downstairs, she stood up and I heard her follow me as we walked to the recovery room.

We walked to Jordyn's room quietly and I sighed hearing her crying, "Daddy" she whimpered making my chest ace. "I'm here baby" he whispered, I looked in the room seeing them hugging tightly.

He was laying on his side on the bed holding her in his arms stroking her hair as she cried in his shirt hugging him. Evie peeked out from behind me smiling sadly, Jordyn opened her eyes looking at me as I leaned against the doorframe watching her.

She sniffed looking behind me and froze seeing Evie, she sat up quickly. "E-Evie?" She whispered, "Hi" Evangeline smiled softly, "I thought you were dead. He killed you" Jordyn whimpered sitting up, Evie walked in the room and Jordyn hugged her tightly with her eyes closed crying.

"How are you alive?"

"I don't really know... I think you saved me" Evangeline said looking at her wiping her tears away making me tilt my head.

"How? I didn't do anything" Jordyn whispered, "your blood went on me. When I woke back up it was glowing... I went in the forest and that's when I met your mate. Well when he practically attacked me" Evie said making Jordyn glance at me.

I shrugged leaning against the wall and she just hugged Evie tightly closing her eyes. "I'm sorry about what happened" I heard Evie whisper quietly hugging her.

Jordyn sniffed pulling away and looked around at us, "how did I get here?" She asked. "What do you remember?" Daniel asked

"I... I think I killed Emerson" she said looking down, "good" I muttered making Daniel give me stern look. "Do you remember going back to the mansion?" Evie asked and Jordyn frowned shaking her head.

"No" she said quietly

"Sarafina went back. She went to see the council" Evie said and Jordyn just sat there frowning. "She's really powerful" Evie chuckled wide eyed, "I don't remember anything... What happened? Did... Did she hurt anyone?" She asked nervously and I saw Daniel look at me.

Evie glanced towards me making Jordyn tense, "what? What happened?"

"She killed Sasha, some guards and she kinda cut off Lucinda's tongue" Evie said biting her lip. Jordyn looked at her wide eyed and looked at all of us with glossy eyes. "She did what?" She whispered in a shaky voice, "they deserved it" Daniel said and she just looked down.

"Jordyn-"

"I- I need to lay down" she whispered moving away and laid on her side with her back to everyone. "Jordyn-"

"Leave her. She needs time and rest" I mumbled making them look at me, they nodded walking out and I looked as Daniel kissed her head. He sighed walking out closing the door behind him, I stood there staring at the back of Jordyn's head as she laid there.

I watched as her shoulders shook slightly as she cried silently. I looked down waking to the bed, I laid down behind her and she sniffed.

"Am I a monster?" She whispered in a shaky voice, "No. I think you did what was right" I said wrapping my arm around her. She held my hand tightly, "what happened with Raphael?" She whispered

"We're dealing with him" I said in her ear quietly. She stroked my arm softly and I inhaled her scent, "get some sleep-"

"No" she whispered snuggling closer against me, "you need rest" I said fixing be covers over her. "I-I'm scared" she whispered squeezing my hand, "I-I feel like if I go to sleep... I'll wake up and I'll still be in the mansion or that facility... That this is a dream" she said making me hold her tighter.

"This isn't a dream. I promise you that" I whispered in her ear "don't leave me... I'm sorry I left-"

"Shh. Don't talk" I said stroking her hair and she turned to her side facing me, I moved her hair from her face and she stared at me. "I'll be here when you wake up" I said and she nodded with her lip quivering.

"Sleep" I said and she put her face in my chest holding my shirt in her fist.

"I'll be right here" I whispered in her ear closing my eyes...