Chapter 43 - I Love Myself !!

🍁"I Look Over At You
And I See Sunshine"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 43 - I Love Myself !!

Shanaya's P.O.V.

Saying I was flabbergasted would be an understatement. I felt numb and my eyes were glued to that blue-green pair of eyes which used to hypnotize me in my past. The handsome face which used to make my heart skip a beat was right in front of me. Daniel, the guy I loved once was standing right now with me under the same roof.

This is surreal!!

"Shanaya", he said more like a whisper as his eyes glistened and his lips broke into a beautiful smile.

"Dan", I whispered back. Next moment, he engulfed me into a tight hug. The warm feeling I always craved for again hugged me. My eyes teared up and my heart skipped a beat again. His hug was so tight as if he doesn't want to leave me. I encircled my arms around his waist and closed my eyes feeling his so close to me.

It feels so good!!

"I missed you so much", he said in my ears. I could feel him smiling.

"I missed you too", I replied. Standing there so close to him, hugging him made me forget the reason for leaving him and everyone else. For some time, I just lived in the present moment where he was next to me and my heart was happy. The feeling I've successfully engraved deep inside my heart, those feelings of love and affection again sprouts up.

He pulled away and captured my face in his palm. He pulled my face closer to him and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes. Dan pulled away but his touch lingers. He holds my hand and my eyes moved to our united hands. I felt good at first but as soon as I found the engagement ring in his palm, reality came and shook me.

Holy fudge Nugget!!

I looked up at him and my past came back flooding my memories. He was smiling at me and despite of falling for his adorable smile, I pulled my hands away from his hold. He sensed the coldness in my eyes for him and he also got awkward like me. The calming homely feeling between us was replaced by awkward silence and thick tension in the air.

"What are you doing here?", Dan broke the silence.

"I came here to attend my best friend's engagement. Angelina Stephans is my friend", I said. My eyes were travelling back to the platinum ring in his palm again and again, slowly and slowly tearing my heart apart.

I missed my Aaliya's engagement, I thought!!

"Ok", he said.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Your best friend is getting engaged to our best friend, Fred. You never get the chance to meet him but we're one unit. I, Kristein and Fred", Dan said.

Right. I saw him in the library once when he was sitting with Dan and Kristein. That's why he looked so familiar. Fred was also in my college, my senior.

"That's quite a funny coincidence", I said looking at him and then at all around me.

"I'm glad we met, thanks to this coincidence. Can we talk?", Dan asked looking into my eyes. My all guards dropped down when our eyes met.