Chapter 16 - New Family!!

"You gave me BACK the smile that I lost once!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16 - New Family!!

Shanaya's P.OV.

Saying I was shocked would be an understatement. I was getting it hard to register her words in my mind and respond to them. My reflexes to react and the ability to speak, both were magically lost for a few seconds and I just opened and closed my mouth without speaking anything. This one word held so much pressure that I felt something heavy being placed over my shoulder and I'm not ready for this responsibility yet.

"Marriage!", I finally managed to whisper back. She glanced at me and then closed her eyes.

"For my marriage", mom said and my eyes widened.

Excuse me?

"I'm sorry. I guess I've heard it wrong. Did you just say your marriage?", I asked doubting my hearing ability.

"Shanaya, I...", She said and then looked here and there as if searching words to speak. I waited for her to respond and kept quiet.

"You what? What came to your mind to marry all of a sudden at this age?", I asked when she didn't speak further.

"I Love Ron", she said averting her gaze from me and then continued, "I wanr to marry him and spend my rest of life with him".

She loves Mr. Oberoi? How can she love someone else other than dad? Didn't she vowed to love my dad on her wedding for the rest of her life? How can her heart fell for someone else?

"I want your approval", she added when I didn't respond.

"Are you freakin kididng me?", I felt myself yelling out. Her words hit me hard right in my heart. Her eyes held sadness and she gave me a sorry look.

"How long has this been going on?", I asked.

"Seven months", she said and looked down at her glass.

"This is crazy. I am so not approving this", I said taking deep breath trying to calm down my raised temper.

"Please listen to me Shanaya. I really love him. It wasn't love at first sight. I met him at a friend's party and since then he had been showering me with love and care. Do you know how much he have changed me? I don't need my pills anymore now to sleep at night. I feel protected and safe with him. After your father's death, no other men ever pulled me towards them like him. He made me realize that life is too precious to waste and mourn on the losses. He's the man, I needed in my life. I'm sure you'll also like him once you'll know him. We can have a family Shanaya. You don't need to live a life of struggle, we don't have to think twice before buying anything. You and I will have a family finally", she said with her eyes shining in happiness and her each word just stabbed my heart.

He is her family! He'll make her family complete and here I was living in a bubble that my mom is my family and for her, I'm her family but she brust that bubble with her so called 'Love' arrow.

"Please say something. Your silence is making me nervous", she said and I scoffed.

"My silence is making you anxious, now that's new. Because from past so many years, we're anything but talking. I loved you and bear your all wrong and right behaviour towards me. You never loved me after dad's death but I accepted that because you're suffering too. You never treated me like a daughter, you never ever gave me the LOVE people boast about mother's love. I still didn't stop loving you and kept on trying hard just to make sure that you, my own family is happy and healthy. Why did I do so much? Just to see this day where you came and rub all over my face that a stranger would be your family instead of me, your own blood. Huh?", I asked. I kept aside all the respect at one side and let my anger take control of my mind for next few minutes.