Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Tell the World

I started smelling pizza and slowly opened my eyes. Dawson was waving a plate of pizza in front of my face. I laughed and sat up. He handed me the plate of pizza and started eating his own. I looked over at the clock. Wow, I slept for over an hour. He must not have wanted to wake me up right away. The pizza usually arrives after 20 minutes. As we began eating, I noticed my computer was still open and playing my album. 

"How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Over an hour," he replied. “Didn’t want to wake you right away.”

"You're still listening to my album?"

"I've been listening to it since you fell asleep," he admitted.

"Did you like it?"

"Like it?" he said, "I loved it!"

"Really?!" I said excitingly.

"Yeah it was amazing. This is truly you, the real you. You put all your feelings into this and it's beautiful. You've never put so much feeling into music like this before," he said.

"So you're not mad?" I asked.

"Would you stop assuming I'm going to be mad? I could never be mad about this, even though these songs are about me. They just show how much you care about me. For that, I'm thankful," he said.

"I'm sorry. You're right; it does show how much I care about you. If I didn't, I wouldn't have written basically an entire album dedicated to you," I said.

"You see?" he said, "I'm lucky to have someone so in love with me."

I started laughing, "I'm glad you think of it that way. I do love you."

"And I love you," he smiled. “No more apologizing. Deal?”

"Deal. I'm tired," I said.

"Babe you just woke up," he laughed.

"I know, but it's been a long day," I said.

"I can leave so you can sleep if you want," he suggested.

"No!" I whined, "We were supposed to spend time together."

"So what do you want to do?" he asked, half laughing at me.

"Let's watch a movie," I said.

"So you don't have to move?" he asked.

"Yup!" I said smiling.

"Okay but I get to pick," he said.

"Deal," I said, "But wait, nothing scary."

"You already agreed," he said.

"Fine.”

A couple minutes later he came back in from the living room with a movie in his hand, but he wouldn't show me what it was. He put it in the DVD player and started playing it, still without showing me.

"You're not going to show me are you?"

"Nope," he smiled back at me.

"It's gonna be scary," I said.

The movie started playing and I recognized it immediately, it was the movie Orphan, which I hated. Don't get me wrong it's a good movie, but it was scary...and I hate scary movies.

"Aw you know I hate this movie!"

He just started laughing, "But I love this movie. Don't worry I'm here for you."

"You only did this so I would cuddle up with you" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't act like you weren't going to anyway!" he joked.

"Okay okay," I said, "Come here."

He moved the box of pizza and sat down next to me on the bed. We both laid back on the bed and I cuddled into him. He put his arms around me and we started watching the movie. Through the entire movie I kept screaming and holding tighter onto him, which made him laugh. When the movie was over he turned off the TV, but we still laid on the bed.

"Do you think the fans are going to bed mad?" I asked him.

"Why do you ask?" he said.

"Well because we finally admitted it to the world. I know they probably already knew, but what if they didn't? What if they don't like that we're together?" I said.

"Then I will tell them that it's not up to them. I will tell them that I am happy and in love with you. What they say doesn't matter," he kissed me before adding, "I should get going."

"You can't leave now," I pouted.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because you made me watch that movie. What if she's out there?" I said, freaking out a little bit.

"Don't worry," he laughed, "She's not."

"You're not funny," I said.

"Okay," he said, "Just relax, I’m not leaving. I promise."

"Good.”

"But that means you are coming with me to my interview tomorrow," he said.

"You have an interview?' I asked.

"Yup. I think it's time the world knew the truth," he said.

"Really? You're gonna tell them?" I asked.

"You were brave enough to tell your story. Now it's my turn," he said.

"I'm proud of you," I told him.

"Thanks baby. Sophie wouldn't have wanted me to hide her. She would have wanted to meet everyone,” he said.

"I love you," I replies, "Of course I’ll go with you. You were here for me so I'm going to be here for you."

"I love you too," he said, "so much."

"I know," I said smiling.

He leaned down and kissed me. I couldn't have been more proud of him.