Chapter 7

Chapter 7: First Label

He sat there looking at me in surprise.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I mean, if someone asks me 'hey do you have a boyfriend?' what do I say?"

I felt like I was rambling, but I couldn't get these thoughts out of my head.

"Have people been asking you that?"

"You're not answering the question," I responded.

"I'm sorry," he said. "What do you want us to be?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "I just know that I'd hate to see you kissing another girl.”

"I can guarantee you I won't do that," he said.

"That's my point. Tell me how you feel. I'm going crazy here!"

"Adrianna," he said partly laughing at me, "Calm down".

"I can't," I whined, "People won't stop bothering me. I can still remember what some of them were saying. It plays through my head until I can’t take it anymore.”

"What kind of people?" he asked.

I looked at him and could tell that he was genuinely concerned for me.

"People on twitter," I admitted.

It wasn't something I was proud of. I'm not supposed to let this kind of thing bother me, but it did. I’m supposed to be the strong one because I’m a celebrity. I’m supposed to have all this confident, but I guess I’m just good at faking it.

"They are talking?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Adrianna," he started "I really like you, but rushing things has always turned out bad and I don’t want to ruin this.”

I felt my heart drop.

"I'm not saying to rush things. I just want to know where we stand,” I replied.

"Okay," he said, "I have to admit. It would kill me to see you with another guy.”

"It would?" I asked him surprised.

I really liked him, but I never realized how much he liked me back. I assumed I liked him more and it would freak him out if I asked him questions like this.

"Adrianna? I love that you are such a tomboy. I love that you would rather wear jeans than a dress and that you would rather wear rubber bracelets than a fancy necklace. I'm never going to find anyone like you. Don’t you get that? You’re special to me.”

Hearing him say that brought tears to my eyes. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and I found myself crying. I never cry but I couldn’t help it.

"That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me," I said.

"Are you crying?" he asked.

"No."

"Babe, yes you are.”

Hearing him call me babe made my heart skip a beat for a second. He’s already calling me sweet nicknames. It’s almost like we’re already dating.

"Did you just call me babe?" I asked back.

"Are you crying?" he asked again.

We both laughed and he hugged me. There was so much I was trying to hold in because I was scared of him not liking me back. I didn't want him to figure out the real me and reject me for it. What he told me doesn’t make those feelings go away.

"You don't always have to be so tough," he said.

"Yes I do.”

"Not with me," he said.

"But --" I started but he interrupted me.

"No buts. You can let me in."

"I've never had to before," I said before sighing.

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

I could tell he was confused, and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"When my mom died, I shut down. Dawson music helped me. It's the only time I've ever let anyone in. Even when people ask about the meaning of songs, I won't tell them. I can't handle explaining it. I feel like they will reject me or hate me. It's better to keep it inside and just let them listen to the music."

"You can't do that with everybody," he said. "You have to let someone in and I promise that I will never reject you.”

Without another word being said he hugged me. It felt like he was hugging me as tight as he could like he was afraid of losing me. It was exactly the type of comfort that I needed. I rested my head on his chest and I started to silently cry.

"I would love for you to be my girlfriend," he finally said after a couple minutes. "I just never thought I was worthy.”

"Of me?" I asked.

"Yes, you have no idea how talented and beautiful you are.”

"So are you," I said, "Why do you think I fell for you?"

"You fell for me? Does that mean you're my girlfriend?" He asked me smiling. It was a happy and excited smile; the type of smile that made me weak in the knees.

"I hope so," I smiled back at him.

"Me too. I planned on asking you anyway."

"Wait, what?" I asked.