Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Break Up

I did the only thing I could think of, put on my clothes over my wet underwear and bra. I grabbed my bag and started searching around the house for Dawson. I searched for ten minutes when I was about ready to give up. I walked down the stairs and started opening the door when his mom stopped me.

"Honey don't give up on Dawson," she said.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked, "He just left me… in his house!"

"There's a lot you don't know about this family," she said.

"That's my point," I said, "I thought we were stronger than that. It's been a year."

"Don't blame him. He doesn't trust a lot of people," she said.

"I didn’t either. I have to go."

"Adrianna," she said trying to stop me.

"No. I thought we could trust each other. He's just a hypocrite," I said walking out the door.

I walked all the way back to the apartment and sat in my room. He practically begged me to trust him, but he couldn't do the same. I started getting so mad, but I just took out my guitar. I started strumming simple notes and before I knew it, I had written a whole song. The title of it was hypocrite.

News of our breakup hit fast and I hadn't talked to Dawson in weeks. In fact, nobody has seen him at all. I was working my butt off every day in the studio with my new album. The title of the album is My Heroes. It is a positive, empowering album to represent my new self.  My first single is going to be the song hypocrite I wrote about Dawson. Before releasing it, I wanted to see Dawson. He hasn't left the house in a month. When I knocked on the front door, his mom answered.

"Oh Adrianna! Look how you've changed. I love the curly hair," she said.

"Thank you," I said smiling at her, "It's part of the new me. I even got rid of my dark jeans and t-shirts."

"You've turned into such a beautiful, strong young lady." she said.

"Thank you. I need to see Dawson," I said.

"Let me take you up there, but I must warn you, security is tight," she said.

We walked up the stairs and I knew what she meant. Bodyguards were in front of his door.

"Adrianna," one of them said.

"I need to see Dawson," I said.

"You may come in," he said, opening the door, "but only you. It's his orders."

I walked in but he wasn't anywhere in sight. His "bedroom" had multiple rooms, hallways, and stairs. I walked down the stairs to where his studio was and he was playing. I stood there quietly listening. It was a new song.