Chapter 21

Chapter 21: The Past

I woke up the next morning and Dawson's arms were still around me. He woke up at the same time I did and smiled at me.

"Morning beautiful," he said just before kissing my forehead.

"You didn't go home?" I asked.

"You wanted me to?" he asked jokingly.

"You know what I mean," I laughed.

"You looked so cute...and it was comfortable. It felt good to hold you in my arms. I didn't want to leave," he said.

"Good choice," I said smiling.

"I thought so too," he replied.

He held me closer and I snuggled up to him. He started whispering in my ear. The whispers soon turned into singing. I missed him singing just to me. Lately it's only been in the studio or on stage.

"I missed your voice," I said.

"You mean no instruments?"

"Yes," I said, "Just your natural, amazing voice."

"I'll have to remember that. Maybe I'll make it a regular thing," he said.

"Good," I said.

He took his hand and brought my face up to his.

"Last night was amazing. I was so proud of you," he said.

He didn't even wait for me to respond, he kissed me deeply. I kissed back as he started leaning on me. His hand was on my waist and he was on top of me. My dad interrupted a couple minutes later by knocking on the door.

"Yeah dad?" I yelled.

"You might want to get out here," he said.

"Why what's going on?" I asked.

"Just come out here please," he said.

I looked at Dawson confused and we both got up and walked out to the living room. I started to speak but dad moved out of the way and I saw what he was talking about. Toby and Ally were standing at the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled.

"Babe, what's going on?" Dawson asked.

"You come here to bully me some more!" I said ignoring Dawson, "What makes you think you're welcome here?!"

"We are just here to visit," Ally said, "Come on we used to be friends."

"Friends don't bully other friends," I said.

"Come on Adrian," Toby said.

"You don't get to call me that anymore," I said, "Get out!"

"Don't you want your boyfriend to know about us?" Toby asked smiling. It was his usual evil, bullying smile.

"No. He doesn't need to know about you guys. You are two horrible people who have no right to continue knowing me," I said.

"Come on Adrianna," Ally said.

"You just don't understand do you?!" I asked.

"Babe what's going on?" Dawson asked again, this time stepping in front of me. My hands were clenching and all I could think about was running into the bathroom and letting all my anger out.

"You still do it don't you?" Ally asked, "You said on TV you don't, but you do."

"Shut up!" I yelled at her, "You don't know anything about me!"

"Adrianna, please," Dawson said.

"Okay," I said, "Toby and Ally went to my old school. Ally used to be my friend, and Toby was my boyfriend. I started posting videos on youtube, and they found them. I came to school one day and it had been broadcasted to the entire school. I walked in and they were all laughing and making fun of me because of it. That same day I caught Ally and Toby making out in the gym. The rest of the year I became the laughing stock of the school. I was bullied to no end."

"That's all you're going to tell him?" Toby said.

"Don't you dare speak to her like that," Dawson said, turning around to face Toby.

"You're going to protect her now?" Toby said, "She isn't even done with the story."

"You really think one story is going to change my mind about her?" Dawson said.

"It did for me," he replied.

"Dawson, they are the reason I cut. I couldn't handle the bullying and then my mom's death put me over the edge. They all stopped talking to me as soon as they found out what I was doing. I went from bullied to ignore," I said.

Dawson didn't even look at me. He was still glaring at Toby ready fight him.

"That's the story?" Dawson said, "Why would that change my mind? You're a coward. You don't deserve anyone as amazing as Adrianna anyway."

"You mean you knew?" Toby said, "You knew and you still stuck with her? I am surprised though, we never thought she would be famous. What's so amazing about a girl so depressed she has to cut herself?"

That's when Dawson lost it. He punched Toby, sending him to the ground. Ally bent down to help him and I ran up to Dawson. He just hugged me and I held on to him tightly. My eyes were full of tears and I let it out as he held me tighter. My dad kicked both Ally and Toby out and left Dawson and I alone to talk. We sat down on the couch and he held me.

"No one gets to talk to you like that," he said.

"Aren't you mad I didn't tell you?" I asked.

"How could I be mad?" he said, "I wouldn't want people to know he was part of my past either."

"But I've hid so much from you," I said.

"Yes, but I've hid stuff too."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Didn't it ever occur to you that we have never spent holidays or spent long amounts of time meeting each other's family?" He said.

"Well you've met mine, and I've met your team but I guess I never thought about it."

"Exactly. We know all we need to know to still know we love each other. All the other stuff is extra and doesn't change our feelings," he said.

"Thank you," I said, "Not just for this but for punching him too," and we both laughed.