Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Hypocrite

When I woke up Dawson's arms were around me and my head was resting on his chest. He woke up at around the same time I did. I could tell because his arms were around my waist, and when he woke up, his grip tightened, pulling me closer. I smiled and buried my head deeper into his chest. It felt so good just to be back in his arms. We have come so far, both individually and together, but the spark never left. I still get tingles whenever he holds me and butterflies in my stomach when he looks at me. That's why I knew we were going to make it.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"Us," I replied not moving.

"Us? Like how amazing you are or how talented you are or.....how much I missed you," he said kissing my head.

"No, more like how amazing you are," I said smiling.

"Me? No,  you are the amazing one."

"Okay fine," I said, "We're both amazing. Better?"

"I guess I can settle with that," he laughed, "but really, you were thinking about us?"

"Yeah," I said, "About our future. Not like tomorrow or the next day future, but farther down the road. Do you think we'll make it?"

"Of course we will. You doubting?" he asked.

"No nothing like that. I just, I want to know what you think about it."

"What I think about it? I think that we just need to live life to the fullest. Concentrate on us and not what people think about us," he said.

"Yeah but you always say that. What do you really think?" I asked.

"Okay okay," he said, "Truthfully, you're the most amazing woman I have ever known. Because of you, my life is so much more than it was before. I don't want you out of my life. I want you, forever at my side."

"Really?" I said finally loosening my grip and looking up at him.

"I know I'm not the most outgoing person and sometimes I have a hard time getting my feelings out. Maybe that's what Sophie meant about telling you something someday, but I'm working at it," he said.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too. I've never had any doubt in our relationship," he said.

"Me either," I said.

"Good," he said before bringing my face to his and kissing me.

"I have to get up don't I?" I asked.

"Yes," he said kissing me again, "You get ready and I will meet you at the interview."

"Promise?" I asked.

"Yes I promise. I just need to go home and get ready," he said.

"Okay," I said.

I started getting up off the bed and Dawson helped me. I kissed him lightly before he left and I got into the shower to get ready for my interview. When I got out I put on dark jeans a dark floral shirt with black heels. I put on my purple hoodie to match the purple flowers on the shirt and grabbed my purse. My dad was waiting for me by the door with my bodyguard and we headed to the interview. When we got there they quickly fixed my makeup and I handed my purse to dad. When they were fixing my makeup, I caught a glimpse of Dawson coming in. I hopped off the chair, even though the makeup artist didn't want me to and ran over to him. He smiled at me and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him tight and he spun me around.

"You came!" I said.

"I told you I would. You didn't believe me?" he said.

"Yes, but I thought maybe you didn't want to," I said.