Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Video Gone Wrong

"You're still scared aren't you?" Dawson asked.

"What?" I said, "I'm not scared." 

"Babe?"

"I'm fine," I said.

"Don't worry. I won't let you fall." 

He kept his arms around me and we finished our ride. When we got back he made my dinner and I had a great time. He even gave me a new rubber bracelet, especially made of course. It said: I love you-Dawson. When we drove back to my apartment there were lots of paparazzi but Dawson insisted on walking me to the door. 

"You didn't have to," I told him.

"Of course I did," he said.

He leaned down and kissed me. While we were making out my dad opened the door.

"Uh hi dad," I said.

"I can only take so much you know," he said.

"Sorry dad."

My dad closed the door and Dawson and I continued kissing.

"He's gonna open the door again," I told Dawson.

"Let him," he said while continuing to kiss me.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Of course, we have a performance to get prepared for," he said.

"Yes performing for our video," I said.

"I love you," he said smiling at me.

"I love you too."

            He leaned down and kissed me gently before leaving. I went into the apartment and went to bed. Love Is was our first hit song from the duets album and we filmed the video in the country. It was a big field and there were lots of flowers everywhere. Dawson and I got to act like ourselves the entire time while filming. It was easy to film because the song was about love and we were a real couple. They had a couple scenes scripted out, but that was it. They wanted me to wear a dress but I refused. Instead I wore sweatpants and a tank top. Dawson also wore sweatpants. The second and third day of shooting was all the singing aspect of it. I shot a live video chat with Dawson and the fans started freaking out.

"We are on the set of our new music video," Dawson said into the computer.

"We hope you like it," I said.

I started answering a couple questions and then said goodbye. Dawson thought he turned it off, but he didn't. I was sitting on his lap and he kissed me. He held me closer to him and deepened the kiss. He looked towards the computer and saw that it was going crazy. We both stopped and looked towards the computer. We both started laughing.

"I thought you turned it off," I said.

"Oops," he said.

"Sorry everyone," I said.

"Talk to you later," Dawson said.

We made sure it was turned off this time and got back to filming the music video. He took me home and when we both logged on twitter there was a lot of drama.

Did you see how he was holding her? Publicity!

So obvious it’s fake.

How can he do that? 

"They think it's fake?" I said.

"This is my fault," Dawson said.

"After all this? How can it be fake?" I asked.

"They don't want to believe it," he said.

"But..."

"Don't let it get to you," he said, trying to make me feel better.

"It already has," I said.

 "Adrianna…"

"I've been trying so hard, but they don't think I deserve it," I said.

"They are wrong," Dawson kept saying.

"I just need to think on it," I said.

"Please don't," he said. He looked really hurt; I hated to see him like that.

"I'm fine."

He hugged me tightly for comfort and kissed me gently. We both kept quiet because neither one of us wanted to say anything that we would regret.

"I love you," he said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I love you too."

He left my apartment and I went into my room. For the first time I felt bad about myself again. All of the old feelings were starting to come back. All my dark secrets I've been trying so hard to hide. Everyone thought I was dating him for fame, but I really loved him. He was the first guy I have ever had feelings for and when I was with him, I felt whole. I had confidence. He made me feel like I could do anything. When I was around him, my heart started racing and I felt nervous. I went into the bathroom before returning to my room and crying myself to sleep.

            Someone opened my curtains the next morning and I opened my eyes to see Dawson by my bed.

"You've been crying," he said.

"No I haven't," I started rubbing my eyes.

"Baby, you can trust me. We've been over this. Look, what they say doesn't matter. Okay because I love you. Ignore what they say and just concentrate on how you feel," he said.

"I'm so sorry!" I said.

I got off the bed and I ran into his arms crying. He held me tight and started crying with me.

"I can't help it," I said, "They -"

"I know," Dawson said, "I'm never leaving you like that again."

We both laid on the bed and he held me while I cried. I was letting everything out that I had been holding in for so long.

"There's something I need to tell you," I started saying to Dawson.

"Don't," he said.

 "No, I have to get this out," I said, "There's something you don't know and it's been killing me not telling you."

"What is it?" he said, "You can tell me anything."

"Just don't get mad," I said.

"I promise," He said.

"Okay, well...." I began.