Chapter 29: Please Wake Up

Grace's P.O.V.

Why? Why does Melanie hate us? Why did Harry make me shoot him? Why, why, why?

Harry leans against me while trying to call for help. I reassure him that an ambulance is coming. I glance over at Ann, Niall and the rest of the boys. She looks like she's gonna die, right there on the spot.

"I can't stay awake much longer." She says.

Niall bends down and kisses her forehead gently.

"I love you all." She breathes. "Most of all," She stares into Niall's eyes. "I love you, Niall."

Her eyes slip closed and the ambulance finally arrives, a little to late.

* * *

"He's going to be okay. We will have to do an open surgery to get the bullet out. It'll be too much pain for him for us to take it out right there on the spot." The doctor explains to me.

"Okay. How long will the surgery take?" I ask.

"Maybe about thirty minutes at the latest." He answers.

"Okay. I'll be right outside the room if you need me."

"Alright M'am." The doctor says.

I wait outside the room and an hour passes. I start to worry. Moments later the doctor comes out.

"Okay M'am, you can go in the room now. Sorry for the wait." He says.

"It's okay." I say while walking into the room.

"Hi Grace." Harry greets me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I ask.

"I feel fine. How are you sweetie?" He asks me now.

"I'm just glad that you're okay." I answer softly.

"That's good."

"Hey, I'm going to go check on Ann." I tell Harry, placing a kiss on his lips.

"Okay, see you later." He kisses me back.

I walk over to the room Ann is in. The doctor comes up to me and explains the condition Ann is in.

"Because she has been shot many times in the past, she barely survived this round. She went into a coma. We don't know how long she could be in it. It could be six months, or it could even be a year. If a year passes and she still hasn't woken, we might have to pull the plug." He explains.

Niall's P.O.V.

I overhear the doctor explaining Ann's condition. He had already told me about her coma, but he never said anything about maybe having to pull the plug. I jump up out of my seat.

"You can't pull the plug. We have to give her time." I raise my voice.

"That'll only be if she doesn't awake. She could wake up in a few months or so." He calms me.

I go over and kiss Ann softly on the lips as I brush her hair out of her face.

"If you can hear me, I'm going home for a bit. I need to rest." I whisper.

I walk out of the room and out the hospital doors. I get in the van and drive home.

"How is she?" Liam asks as I walk into the house.

"She's in a coma." I sigh.

"Do you know how long until she wakes up?" Zayn asks.

"They said it could be six months to a year." I say as I flop down on the couch. "How am I going to go that long without hearing her voice or staring into her eyes?"