Chapter 18: Goodbye

Ann's P.O.V.

I wake up to a sharp kick in my back.

"Get up!" Someone yells.

Good lord! Why can't people leave us alone to wallow in our sadness of being kidnapped.

I sound like some cheesy poem.

"Get up!" They yell again, this time kicking me in the shoulder.

I jump to my feet and roundhouse kick the dude. He stumbles backward, but quickly regains his balance. He comes storming back.

By now Niall is awake, watches as the dude and I full out brawl.

Unfortunately he was much stronger than me. I hit the wall with a thud.

"Ow." I groan.

"Are you okay, Ann?" Niall asks kneeling next to me.

"I don't know." I moan.

"That will teach you to do as I say and not fight back." The man growls.

He grabs both Niall and I, and drags us out of the building and throws us into a van. This is going to be fun. (Note the sarcasm.)

We arrive at our destination and he pulls us out.

Wait. This is our apartment! Is he letting us go?

He barges in and goes into Grace's room. I see Grace and Harry sleeping peacefully.

The dude ties us up back to back, my wrists are tied to Niall's and my back is pressed up against his.

The man wakes up Grace and Harry.

"Ann! Niall! Are you okay?" Grace asks, tears in her eyes.

"I-" I'm cut off by getting duck tape slapped on my mouth. Same for Niall.

"Let them go Danny!!" Harry yells at the dude.

"Why would I? The fun has only just begun," Danny says.

Harry huffs at this.

"What do you want?"

"Melanie told me to kill them if you don't do what I say." Danny explains.

"Anything. Just name it and we'll do it," Grace says.

"Follow me," Danny says, motioning for Grace and Harry to follow.

  Great! Here I am thinking he was going to set us free, like in the Snow White movie. I was wrong.

I hear screaming from the other room. I can't take this any longer. My sister and her so called "boyfriend" are in there.

They come in minutes later crying.

Danny sets us free and leaves. Before he does though, he says, "If you tell anyone what happened in there, you will all be dead." And with that he left.

"Tell me," I say.

"But he-" Grace starts.

"I don't freakin' care what that dude just told you. I'm your sister and we tell each other things. I swear I won't tell a soul. Not even the other boys." I exclaim.

Niall promised he wouldn't either.

"He-" Grace starts to cry.

"Sh. It's OK. You can tell me anything," I coo.

"He- he forced us to have sex," She cries.

"That's awful! Are you ok?" I ask.

"No. I just...I just want to quit this stupid business. All it has done for us is nothing." Grace says.

"I know. I promise after this whole thing goes down, we will quit this miserable business." I sigh.

Harry picks her up and she immediately falls asleep in his arms.

I shake my head. I know we have gone through worse before, but I think that fact that she was forced to do something she wasn't ready for yet with Harry just destroyed her.

"I think I should get to sleep too." Harry sighs.

"Go ahead Harry. Niall and I will leave you to it." I say.

I take Niall's hand and leave the room.

"Are you okay?" Niall asks as we walk down the hall.

"No, I don't think I am. This- all of this is my fault. If I hadn't gotten caught with you in  my room this never would have happened. If I hadn't of opened the door and let my parents in, this never would have happened. If I hadn't of been kidnapped, you never would have been shot and this wouldn't have happened. The list goes on and on. All of it is my fault. I-I shouldn't even be here." I sob. "You all would be better off without me."

"I know, but you have me, you still have your sister, you still have the rest of the boys." He turns me to face him.

"You will always have me." He says as he rests his forehead against mine. "I promise." He brushes our noses together.

He leans closer and brushes our lips together. Sparks fly at his simple touch. He strokes my cheek with his thumb.

"Tomorrow we need to go somewhere where Melanie won't be able to find us." He whispers.

"I agree but Grace and Harry need sleep and I think we do too." I whisper back.

He nods.

I take his hand and lead him to the bedroom. We lay down side by side. Soon I hear soft snores from him.

I turn over to face. I gently stroke his cheek as I whisper, "I'm so sorry Niall but I have to leave. It's for everyone's good if I wasn't here."

I wipe away my tears be for they fall.

I get out of the bed and walk silently to the door.

I glance back one last time at the boy I have been through so much with, the boy that I love.

"I love you, Niall."

Those were my last words, before I ran out of the house hoping that this would keep them all safe.