Chapter 11: You Want Answers, You'll Get Them

Grace's P.O.V.

Man. Ann is taking her time doing the dishes. I'm going to go see if she's almost done.

I walk in, seeing that she is almost finished. I begin to say something, but the doorbell rings. Ann goes and answers it.

I peek over and see a man and woman. Ann motions for me to come over. I do. The boys move to the floor so they can sit on the couch. We find out that they are our parents. They put us on the streets so that we could grow up rough and tough.

"Alright we better get going. Come on girls." Our dad says.

"No, we can't come with you. We live here. We have five boys we have to look after." Ann says.

"No, you are coming with us." He says more forcefully.

He grabs both of us under our arms and dragged us out of the house. We tried screaming, but 'mom' stuck a piece of cloth on my mouth.

They threw us into the back of a van and took off.

***

I wake up in a small, dark room. It looks very much like the basement the boys were in. I look around some more. I see a very small door on the bottom of the wall. Wait, this is the basement they were in.

How stupid are our parents? I go wake up Ann.

"Ann, wake up."

She wakes up shaking to death. I see blood on her arms and legs.

"What happened while I was out?"

"Th-they beat me because I didn't answer their questions."

I help her up.

"This is the same basement the boys were in. Since I picked the lock, we can escape. I'll just pick it again."

"They said they were going to come and get you when they got done with me. I had just closed my eyes when you woke me. We can escape when you get back."

"Ok."

A few moments later the door swings open. My 'mom' grabs me and takes me to a small room.

"I'm going to ask the same questions I asked Ann. I had better get answers, or else you will look like Ann does."

I nod.

"When did you kidnap the boys?"

"About an hour ago," I lie.

"Ok."

She now gets out a piece of paper to write information to write on.

"Who else helped you kidnap them?"

"A hairpin, a flashlight, and a van," I say seriously, trying not to laugh.

"Ok."

She writes this down.

How stupid is this woman?

"Last question. Where are the boys being held?"

"In a private bathroom at McDonald's."

Did she not see the boys right in front of her at our house. She must not know what they look like.

Does she watch the news?

I cough, holding in the laughter.

"Ok, you can go now."

"Ok."

I go back to the basement and start laughing my head off. I tell Ann what just happened, and she laughs with me. We quietly escape and go home.