Chapter 10: Taken By The Bell

Ann's P.O.V.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot.

Or whatever you say.

Great. Now Niall and I both are on house arrest. (Note the sarcasm.)

Who knows how bad it will be. Considering the fact that I invited him in and he came even though it is against the rules, I think that it will be the strictest house arrest this house has ever seen or had.

I turn to Niall and he looks like a deer in the head lights.

I wave my hand in front of his face.

"Niall?" I call. "Niall snap out of it!"

I clap my hands in his face.

He jumps back to planet earth.

"Nice to see that you returned from planet 'Niall's La La land'." I snort.

He shakes his head clearing his mind.

"I got you into big trouble didn't I?" He asks, his eyes still distant.

"Well, if you did. Oh well, it can't be that bad." I sigh.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you or gone that far in the first place." He says.

"No, it's okay. I enjoyed it." I say turning his head to face mine.

His eyes are the prettiest blue that I have ever seen.

"Will you be mine?" He asks.

"Yes, Niall." I answer.

He wraps his arms around me.

"Let's go outside where we are away from everyone." I whisper.

I walk over to my window and pry it open as he puts his shirt back on.

Niall climbs out and then he helps me climb out because I am holding a blanket.

I lead him to a patch of soft grass and spread out the blanket. I lay down and Niall lays down beside me. We stare up at the stars.

They twinkle back at us.

Soon we fall asleep to the sound of the crickets chirping with the light of the moon and the stars shining down on us like a spot light.

 * * *

"WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY?"

I wake up to someone yelling.

"ANN YOU HAD BETTER GET YOUR SORRY BUTT IN THIS HOUSE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I SWEAR I WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD ON A PLATTER AND EAT IT FOR BREAKFAST!" Grace yells.

Darn it. I was hoping that they wouldn't notice that we were gone. I guess that we weren't that lucky.

"Wake up Niall, we need to get back to the house before Grace comes out and murders both of us, then dumps our bodies in a creek." I sigh, shaking his shoulder.

He wakes up and gives me a small smile before getting up and walking back to the house with me.

We finally get back to the house and walk into the kitchen.

"Glad to see you two join us. Now sit and eat." Grace says.

I grab a plate and put some food on it, but not nearly as much as Grace eats.

I sit down next to Niall. He smiles at me and we hold hands under the table.

Soon we finish and I am stuck washing dishes and Niall is stuck taking out the trash.

I am almost done washing when Grace comes into the room, she looks like she is about to say something, but the door bell rings.

Saved by the bell, literally.

I walk to the door and open it.

"Yes?" I ask, drying my hands on the apron I'm wearing.

"Hi, um do two girls by the names of Grace and Ann live here?" A man asks.

He is tall and looks to be in his mid forties.

"Yes. I'm Ann and this is Grace." I say gesturing to Grace standing behind me.

"Good. Can we come in?" He asks.

I just now notice that there is a woman standing behind him. She looks to be around the same age.

"Sure." I say. I open the door a bit wider so they can come in.

I lead them to the living room and find that all the boys are there.

Liam looked like he was about to say something to Niall, but stopped.

"Boys can you please make room for our guests?" I ask them politely.

"Sure." They move and sit on the floor so that the man and the woman can sit on the couch.

Niall stands behind me and puts his arms around me. I pat his hand in a calming matter.

"Do you know who we are?" The woman asks us.

Both Grace and I shake our heads, no.

"Don't you remember us? We're your parents." The man says.

Well someone could have slapped me in the face a few times.

We sit and converse for a few hours. They seem like nice enough people. They told us why they left us in the streets, they wanted us to grow up tough. It still doesn't make up for it.

"Alright we better get going. Come on girls." My dad says.

"No, we can't come with you. We live here. We have five boys we have to look after." I say.

"No, you are coming with us." He says more forcefully.

He grabs both of us under out arms and dragged us out of the house. I tried screaming but 'mom' stuck a piece of cloth on my mouth. Same with Grace.

They threw us into the back of a van and took off.

Man, I hope we rubbed off on the boys a little bit. I was saved by them ringing the door bell, and now I'm paying for it.