finnia

Pennia's POV

Life was great, I was happy, and I couldn't ask for more. District 13 wasn't my ideal place to live in but that's where my family is.

My brother, Rylan, he's happy and healthy. He's growing up right before my eyes, blooming into an amazing kid.

My boyfriend, Finnick, has done nothing but make me happy. He's by my side throughout everything and I couldn't be more grateful for him. Finnick is one of the reasons why my life is so amazing.

My friends, Bentley, Issac, and Prim. They've had an equally hard time adjusting to our new lifestyle but together, we've done it. Issac and Prim moved into their new room and Bentley finally left the hospital wing.

Coin has been the only downfall, constantly worrying about the revolution. She's not my favorite person but she could be worse.

So, life hasn't been too awful since we arrived at our new home. I was happy, Rylan was happy, Finnick was happy, and that's all I needed.

~

"Penn?" I heard Finnick whisper, shaking my shoulders gently. "Time to wake up."

"No," I groaned, scooting away from him.

"Penn, you have to get up. We have a busy day ahead of us, love." Finnick said, pulling me into his chest.

"No," I said again, burying my face into his neck. "I don't want to get up."

"Either you get up and go shower willingly," Finnick whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine. "Or I will drag you out of this bed."

I groaned, pushing myself up into a sitting position, glaring at Finnick the whole time. He had a cocky smirk on his face as he watched me struggle to sit up. 

"Some help would be nice," I sigh, closing my eyes.

"Whatever you say, darlin'," Finnick sighed happily, sitting up next to me. I feel him stand up, pulling on my arms to raise me to my feet.

"Piggy back ride?" I ask, opening my eyes to pout at him.

Finnick rolls his eyes, turning and crouching down so I can jump on. When I do, he straightens up and gallops to the bathroom; both of us thankful that Rylan is a heavy sleeper.

When we left the bathroom, Rylan was gone and on the table was a full course breakfast.

"What's all this?" I say, wrapping my robe tighter around my body as I walked up to the table.

"There's a note," Finnick said, plucking the note off of the tray as I sniffed the flowers in the vase. "Dear Finnick and Pennia, you've each contributed so many efforts to the rebellion. Enjoy your day off, Rylan is in good hands. (Thank Peeta). -Plutarch."

"Huh, how nice," I say, taking the note from Finnick to read for myself. "That was nice of him."

"Sure was," Finnick said, filling both of our plates with piles of food.

There was fruit I didn't recognize, a large stack of chocolate chip pancakes, orange juice, coffee, and who knows what else.

I poured myself and Finnick a cup of coffee, adding two sugar cubes to each; Finnick laughed at the sight of them.

"For you, love," I said, placing the mug in front of Finnick before taking the seat across the table.

"Thank you darlin'," Finnick replied, sliding my plate in front of me before digging into his own.