hello

Pennia's POV

It was cold and I was numb. No matter how many times I blinked, all I could see was black. I could hear myself breathe and I could feel a cool surface pressed against my back.

"Are you awake?" A female voice said, startling me.

I turned my head towards the noise, my neck firing with pain. I sucked in air, coughs shaking my body.

"Calm down, Pennia." The woman said, I could hear her footsteps nearing my bed.

I began to thrash, pulling my hands out of the restraints, and to my head.

"Pennia!" The voice said, gripping my shoudlers. She pushes my back down on the bed, one of her hands moved to my face. "Let me take the bandages off!"

My erratic moments stopped, I knew I needed to cooperate with the lady.

She began unraveling the bandages; with every layer that was removed, I was able to see more. After a bit, all were removed and I could see, though my eyes needed to adjust.

When they did, I looked at the woman who helped me.

"Katniss Everdeen," I said, my voice was the strongest I've heard since i entered the arena.

"Hello," Katniss replied, freeing my feet from the restraints attached to the bed.

"Where's Prim? Where's Issac? Where is everyone!" I say, yanking the IVs out if my arms.

I noticed the bandage on my arm, scowling at it as I ran my fingers along it.

"They're in the infirmary, recovering like you." Katniss answered, helping me sit up.

"Where am I?" I ask, taking her hands.

"District 13, you're underground and you're safe now." She said, guiding me to a closet, which was full of clothing.

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you saved my sister's life and I will forever be indebted to you," she replied, smiling at me.

Katniss opened the closet, pulling out a pair of pants, a wool jacket, and socks.

"I need to see them, my friends." I say, slowly pulling the clothing on over and under my hospital gown.

"I figured, I'll show you the way." Katniss said, setting up the wheelchair behind me. "Sit until we get there, you'll need the energy."

I nodded, sitting in the chair and leaning back. Katniss pushed me to the door, punching a code into the keypad that opened the door.

"How did I get here?" I ask quietly as she pushes me through multiple corridors.

"The president sent hovercrafts to collect the tributes from the arena. Once we had you in our possession, we flew you back here. The other hovercraft retrieved the others, who were in stable condition." Katniss replied, pushing the button to the elevator.

"The president?" I asked, looking back at her.

"She will explain more later, I'm sure you want to see everyone." Katniss smiled again, I could tell it was genuine.

"Thank you," I said as she wheeled me out of the elevator.

"Pennia-," Katniss began but I cut her off, telling her to call me Penn. "Sorry, Penn, the hospital is just through those doors."

Her statement had me out of the wheelchair and running towards the doors. I heard her calling my name but I couldn't stop, I needed to see them.

Two guards stepped in front of me, both armed with large guns. I smirked at them, running faster than before.