countdown

Pennia's POV

Once I step out of the elevator, I instantly begin to unzip my dress. This thing was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever wore.

I walked into our apartment, finding Prim and Issac, both in their clothing, huddled on the couch.

"Team meeting in five minutes," I say loudly enough for them to hear before going to my room.

I quickly strip myself, grabbing a pair of sweats and a shirt, before stepping into the shower. I let the shower wash and dry me and get dressed quickly.

As I walk back out to the living area, I see everyone has gathered on the plush sofas.

I take the last empty seat available, next to Issac. I look at each of their faces, noticing Glowdusk's glasses. Shaking my head, I quickly lean forward on my arms.

"Tomorrow we go into the games and we need a strategy."

"Agreed," I hear Issac say, patting my back.

I take a deep breath before looking at Chase and Prim. "When the buzzer goes off, you two turn and run. Find each other then book it."

"What?" Prim and Chase say, their eyes wide and angry.

"Not a chance!" Chase says, standing up.

"Do you two want to live?" I say, standing also.

Prim and Chase nodded, "Then don't risk your lives in the blood bath." Issac said. "We will get food and weapons, you need to run. We can't watch you during that part, it'll be hard enough to keep ourselves alive."

"You promise you'll find us," I hear Prim whisper.

"Of course we will," I say, taking her hand. "I will never leave you Prim."

"Get me a sword," Chase says, looking at both of us. "Get Prim her knives, get yourself a..."

"What even is your specialty weapon?" Chase said to me.

A small smile broke through my serious expression. "You'll find out soon enough," I say.

"Enough pressure for one night, we need to get you four to bed." Glowdusk said, standing us all up.

"Group hug!" Pumbee squealed, pulling me into a hug then pulled the rest in.

I heard Prim laugh, making my smile droop a little. In less than a month, she'd be back home with her mother.

"Off to bed!" Glowdusk and Pumbee said, pushing us towards our rooms.

~

Katniss' POV

I pace back and forth in the viewing room, Caesar was on the screen, blabbering on about who knows what.

"Katniss," Peeta said, pulling me into a seat as the countdown began.

30, 29, 28...

What was the arena? Did Prim know how to find water? How to start a fire?

22, 21, 20...

Where was the cornucopia? Did they have her knives? Swords?

17, 16, 15...

I looked up and saw the tributes rising up from the tubes into a blissful white terrain. Tundra.

14, 13, 12, 11...

I finally find Prim; she's frantically looking around for her allies. I let out a breath when her eyes land on Chase, who is three pods down.