blossom

Pennia's POV

It was oddly quiet at our camp, no one spoke. The only sound you could hear was the deep breaths coming from Bentley.

After hearing my outburst, Bentley and Bray had came, running back, and they hadn't left my side since.

All we did was sit, play with the soil beneath us, and stare off into space. It wasn't much but I knew this was what we all kind of needed. We all needed silence.

Everyday, since we entered the arena, there's been chaos. There's either screaming, yelling, or crying. There's cannons, hurricane force winds, or the simple crackle of the fire. But, right now, is the only moment of complete silence.

I felt bad about my outburst, I know that I shouldn't have freaked out like I did. Can you blame me though?

The love of my life is thousands of miles away, watching me whither like a dying flower.

My brother, although so young, must be aching for me, for my touch, and for my scent.

Everyone back home, watching the last Opalson girl. Watching her make her way to get death bed.

"Prim?" I whisper, breaking the needed silence.

"Yeah?" She whispered back, tucked into Issac's arms.

"I'm sorry," I whisper again, unable to look up at them.

"I know," Prim said back, I could hear her smiling through her words.

After this, everything seemed to pick up like usual. The conversations resumed and with that, the teasing did too.

I smiled at Prim, who quickly smiled back at me. Throughout our short journey together, Prim and I have manged to get over every bump in our road. Every fight, every tear, every breath had been dismissed. With each of those things, we grew closer and stronger.

Prim stood, offering me her hand when she reached my side. "Go on a walk with me?"

I took her hand, slowing pulling myself up. Once I was up and the dirt was brushed off of my, Prim leaded me out of my camp.

"Thank you," she said, hooking our arms.

"For what?" I laugh quietly, looking at the shorter girl.

"Being you," Prim said, squeezing my arm with hers.

"Well, thank you then." I say, smiling widely at her. "Thank you for blossoming into a beautiful, young lady."

We walked in silence for awhile, feeling comfort in the quiet and the feeling of our arms locked.

I smiled at Prim, whose stomach had doubled in size since the last time I looked. What was going on? Why was she growing do quickly? Well, not she, the thing inside of her.

"Prim?" I say, staring off ahead of me.

Prim hummed, looking forward as well. I couldn't tell what she was thinking and I was praying that what I was about to say wouldn't upset her.

"Are you going to keep it? When you get out, I mean."

Prim's stepped hauled, her glare at me was almost painful.

"You mean, my baby? Am I going to keep my baby?" She whispered incredulously.

"Prim, only one gets out. I don't think, I'm sure, the Capitol won't let you keep," I stopped at the last word, taking a deep breath. "T-the baby."

Prim was silent, I could feel her gaze move from me to the ground.

"You have a point, don't you?" She said, her voice back to her usual softness. "But, we'll do everything we can, right? You, me, and Issac? You'll help her?"