Just the Beginning

Lani's POV

Today I called an emergency meeting with my sisters. It's time to tell all my sisters the truth and the entire truth. I already feel bad about the whole situation, and keeping this secret from my family, especially my sisters, doesn't help. So we are all meeting up at the Arroyo Chop House to discuss everything. Right now I'm on the way to pick up my sister Lyla. She better be ready too.

*Phone Call*

Me: Hey! I'm pulling in the subdivision so have yo ass outside when I get there.

Lyla: Oh someone's cranky.

Me: Don't push it bitch.. I'll make yo ass walk to Arroyo.

Lyla: Don't forget I can have Mommy walk outside with me.

Me: Snitching Bitch

Lyla:(starts laughing)

*End of Convo*

When I pulled up this scary ass brought Mommy out with her, so I had something for her ass. Once she got in and we pulled off and we out of the division my parents lived in I punched her in the arm.

Lyla: Ouch! What the hell Lani!

Me: I told you don't push it. (turning up the radio)

Lyla: Oh whatever( rolling her eyes and rubbing her arms)

Laila's POV

Me: *moaning* Moveeee.. I need to go get Londyn from work( Pushing him off my neck and putting on my shoes).

Aug: Come on ma... She prolly cutting open some dead nigga body. Baybeh let zaddy please his queen (sliding his hand up my dress).

Me: (grabbing his hand) No nigga! You still on probation, remember. You better go up in that bathroom and get to stroking with that Johnson~Johnson!

Aug: Oh I see. Ha, remember that shit when you horny at 3 o'clock in the am.(Sucking on the hotspot located on my neck)

Me: *moaning* Mmm..You petty, but that's why man created vibrators. By the way, I'm taking the keys to Monica(his black Range Rover). Me and Lon going food shopping afterwards.

Aug: (yelling from the bathroom) Okay!

Once I kissed my kids goodbye I hopped in the car and headed to Londyn job. I'm so proud of her y'all. She the head ME and shit, so she got her own Morgue office thingy. I don't see how she do it though... Cutting bodies---DEAD bodies! You know being a OB is different. Londyn gotta take out organs and complete autopsies, and sometimes- the bodies might be disfigured. It took twenty minutes with traffic to get to her job. I texted her ass five minutes ago, so she need to bring her ass out her cuz Laila ain't too keen on going into her place of work. The last time I called myself stopping by, I walked in on her pulling somebody intestines out.PINEAPPLES!!! But I ain't trynna be late so Imma have to mosey my ass on in there. YEEZUS-GIVE ME THE STRENGTH! When I talked into the building it was quiet. Londyn work by herself, and I know them white broads at work piss me off, but I watch too many scary movies to work alone. As I get further down the hallway I begin to hear singing.

Lon:*singing* Don't leave me in all this pain. Don't leave me out in the rain. Come back and bring back my smile. Come and take these tears awayy . I nee-

Me: Londyn!( I called out) Damn, my baby sis can sing her ass off*thinking out loud*

Lon: Unbreak my heart! Say you love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door and walked out of my life. Uncry these tears baby. That I cried so many-many nights. Unbreak my heart. My-y heart.

Me: Londyn! I know your bitch ass hear me.( continues walking passed all the examination rooms)

Lon: Oooh oh oh hooo baby! Don't leave me in all this pain. Don't leave out in the rain yea. Bring back those nights when I held you beside meee!

Me: Ewww!( I whine as I see her pull out somebody heart)

As I stand in front of the huge window connected to her room, I notice she has on wireless headphones. That's why her ass wasn't answering. I started knocking on the glass, but she still didn't hear me. When I gained the courage to go inside the examination room, the smell of cleaning chemicals and blood hit me. How the fuck can she work with this shit. After I finally stop bitching, I walk up behind her and slap her fat ass.

Lon: Unbreak my heart, sweet darlin'. Without you I just ca- What the FU-(turning around with the scalpel in her hand).

Me: Oh hell wait! I was gonna say you good, but not as good as your God Momma.(backing up)

Lon: Really Laila! You scared the shit out of me! I could've cut you, or worse...Messed up my autopsy(dropping the scalpel on the table).

Me: Well damn! A thank you is needed, and I think cutting your living sister is more serious than fucking up a dead white bitch.( plucking the lady head)

Lon: Laila!(trying not to laugh)

Me: Becky!( rolling my eyes)

Lon: She was raped and strangled Lai.

Me: Oh my bad home girl. You still looking sexy with all your organs out your stomach and all. High five! Oh I forgot, I got you when I get in heaven.(putting my hand down)

Lon: You crazy!

Me: And you weird. Hurry your ass up. You making me lose my appetite.(walking towards the door)

Lon: Alright. Give me ten minutes to sew her up and change.

Me: Mmhmm, You get eight.

*In the Car*

Me: Sooo... How are things with you and Thot Songz?(stopping at a red light)

Lon: Really Laila!

Me: Bitch don't do me. At least give me my props for askin.(folding my arms)

Lon: Girl get your life!

Me: Well hoe, answer the damn question.

Lon: We're making it. I'm forgiving him more and more each day, but I still haven't told him about the Sickle Cell.

Me: What! Londyn this is serious. It took you forever to tell him about the chronic fatigue! You've known this for months.

Lon: I know sis! I just- I'm scared. I-(gco)

ME: Do I have to remind you for the unteenth hundred time that having Sickle Cell Anemia and Endo-(gco)

Lon: Endometriosis is life threatening. I know this Laila, and trust me... I'm going to tell him. I was also gonna tell the rest of the sisters at Arroyo. It's just after that last appointment I haven't been the same.

Me: What you mean??? What did Dr.Jackie say?

Lon: She told me that the "event" that caused my miscarriage scarred tissue in my reproductive system.(Trying not to cry)

Me: Okay, tissues heal. You okay right! Right?(sounding worried)

Lon: *sighs* Nahh Lai. It was bad. Not all the tissues were able to heal.

THEN THERE WAS A LONG PAUSE

Lon: She basically told me I could no longer have kids.(breaks down)

Me: *gasps* Oh My GOD, Londyn. I'm so sorry.(stopping at the red light and hugging her)