Chapter 27

Taraji POV

       I was on the phone with Thandie once Terrence went to sleep for the night. I couldn't rest.Terr and I talked, prayed, and talked some more before he fell asleep, but I just cannot sleep. Not when my children are hurting, being hurt, lying, and being lied to. I felt helpless as a mother, angry as hell, and I don't know what to do. My daughter is pregnant by my other daughter's husband. Then on top of that, my children are being mistreated and abused. My Lord, please help us. I was so happy Thandie answered my call because I needed my sister.

"Raji, at least Lauryn is there with you. There has to be more to the story. You didn't raise trash, she wouldn't sleep with her sister's husband, especially not Tremaine ass." "She won't say anything. She just keeps saying 'Momma' and crying in my arms. I want to be angry, but I see my child is in pain. Then Londyn just left, and I called her over 30 times and still nothing... Jesus" I let out a sigh. "Raji, please breathe. Are the rest of the girls there? Maybe they can talk to their sisters." "Lani and Leala are here, which is an entirely different round of questions. I just, I know its not my fault my kids are struggling in their marriages, but I just want them happy. I will kill all those men."

"And with that, Taraji get off the phone and go to bed." Terrence said before telling Alexa to cut the lights off and pulling me closer to him. "Well sis, I guess we shall resume this tomorrow." "Goodnight girl."

Lani POV

" Bitch she wouldn't let you in either?" "Hell no, and she lucky Mommy and Daddy here because I would kick the door down." Leala huffed sitting on my bed.

"I just cannot believe this shit is happening." "Yeah, Lauryn being pregnant for Trey... I'm speechless." "Poor Londy. I'm knowing she is beating herself up so badly. And baby just don't know, she deserves so much better." I started to tear up thinking of all my sisters's  pain.

"Well maybe she'll leave him, now that Imery cousin will be her sibling." "Bitch!!! Don't make me laugh! Why would you say that fool!" Burying my head in my pillow to silence my laugh. "Bitch don't act like you weren't thinking it too. I guess Auntie Tam aint the only one with babydaddy drama." "Leala, you going to hell by yourself, I really hope you know it." I say getting ready to go to my bathroom until- POW POW POW POW POW POW.

Immediately, Leala and I make eye contact, with our stomachs in our asses.

Londyn POV

Sandcastles- Beyoncé
Dishes smashed on my counter from our last encounter. Pictures snatched out the frame...
Bitch, I scratched out your name and your face
What is it about you that I can't erase, baby?
When every promise don't work out that way, no, no, babe. When every promise don't work out that way...

How did I get here? Why am I here?
As I sit here, on the floor of the place I spend most of my time, I contemplate everything. My life, my marriage, my future, my reality.
Who am I?
How can my sister, my twin sister betray me. My other half? The one person who knows me better than anyone on this planet. What did I do to deserve this.
This alcohol does nothing but numb the pain. Ice cold is the floor I lay on. Cold like the bodies I cut into every day. Cold like the lifeless bodies across the hall. Cold like my ever so broken heart.
What makes me any different than my patients?
Because they are dead and I am not? How am I not dead? It's impossible to know what death is like, but is it really when every avenue of life seems to die before you. Might as well join them.

Show me your scars and I won't walk away
Oh, and I know I promised that I couldn't stay, baby.Every promise don't work out that way, no, no, no, no, no...
Every promise don't work out that way