Chapter 3

I felt my breath become stuck in my throat, almost like I was choking. Why is Chris Motionless in my house?!

He looked so horrified and shocked as he swallowed hard then asked, "You're Bobby's little sister Nicole aren't you?"

Now I was confused, he just found me covered in a bloody sheet and he wants to know who I am? I nodded  slowly anyway, watching him with a careful eye; waiting for him to do something.

"You know who I am right?"

I laughed dryly, not even answering his question. If he would take a second to look at my walls he would know that I knew him very well, but I guess I would be pretty distracted by someone like me too. The sheet was growing darker and the color spreading, on top of that he could see my bare arms; the scars littering my flesh like pink tally marks.

Chris nodded, getting my point that I did know him as he stepped into my room and shut the door behind him, "I know you probably won't want to answer me, but did you do this to yourself?"

I starred at him for a moment, taking in the fact he was being so calm and careful, it was fascinating. I gripped my sheets tightly despite how I felt, staying silent. Why should he care if I did this?

He sighed muttering, "I knew you wouldn't tell me."

Ah there was his attitude that he was famous for. Out of nowhere Chris grabbed a hold of me, seeming to try to be gentle, putting my arms behind my back and I quickly struggled against him demanding, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

This time he was the one to be quiet as he yanked down my covering, exposing the sticky crimson mess. I struggled against his hold, only managing to annoy him. I never imagined anyone seeing me like this, covered in my self inflicted wounds; arms and legs totally displayed.

"Please let go of me." I begged still pulling away from him as my eyes began to blur from the threat of tears, "Stop looking at me."

I hate this, I feel so vulnerable and open in the worst way. He let one of his hands touch my thigh and I jumped due to the burning pain of my open wounds, along with the fact he was touching me in general.

He pulled back his now bloodied hand and questioned, "Why did you do this?"

I sat up and he let go as I crossed my legs despite their condition and explained my reason for cutting, I knew I was only grazing the top of the issue so he would most likely think that my reasoning was a pathetic excuse. The other part of me hoped that Chris would come through with his words of wisdom and help me, justify my reasoning in some small way that would heal me a little and help end this sickening obsession.

"I started right after my mom died, she was my only friend and defense against my dad. She kept him from hurting me in anyway, but after she was gone on one could help me and I couldn't just leave my dad alone because I know he has to be depressed about it too. I guess that's why he is the way he is with me. I have no friends, I'm harassed daily at school by the way I act and my appearance, so yea you could say I'm the classical whiny goth kid." I explained and when I finished I gave a heavy shrug.

Chris seemed saddened and shell shocked from my tale, something that I hadn't expected. Suddenly Bobby called for Chris.

Surprisingly Chris stalled him, "Hey what about all that stuff that's supposed to be in the garage?"

"Good point, give me some time okay?"

"Works for me."

Chris turned his attention back to me when Bobby stepped outside saying, "Nicole I'm so sorry that all this is happening to you, but there's never a good reason to hurt yourself like this."