You're B E S S F R A N D S

Niall: “Niall. You need to come over, now,” you whimpered softly into your phone. “Y/N? Are you alright? I’ll be there in 5!” Niall asked his tone transforming into worry. You hung up throwing your phone across the room as hard as your muscles could possibly take. It shattered with a big clank causing salty tears to erupt from your eyes. You broke down, onto the floor, curling up into a tight ball holding your knees close to yourself. Tears flowing down your face, dripping onto the hardwood floor, you sat and waited for Niall. “Y/N! Y/N! Where are you?” Niall asked blasting through the door moments later. He always had a spare key for your flat just in case. He saw you crumpled up vulnerably on the floor and he ran over to comfort you. He picked you up in his arms and carried you to your king-sized bed. Gently laying you down he whispered, “Jack?” You nodded, crying even harder. “I always knew he was a jerk,” he mumbled. Your boyfriend of 7 months had just dumped you, for another girl. And the worst part was that it was over the phone too. Your tear-stained face pressed up against the plush pillow, Niall lay down beside you wiping the tears away. You attempted a small smile. “Thank you,” you whispered as he moved in closer to you, “I really need my best friend right now.” “Anything for you Y/N,” he responded before kissing your lips ever so softly. A sweet, savory kiss that made you forget about Jack. Before you could ask for another one, he pulled the thick comforter over your body and hummed you to sleep. 

Zayn: Zayn had taken you to the bowling alley for a fun best friend day. It was his day off from the band and he wanted to spend it with you, his best friend. “It’s your turn,” he said again. You shook yourself out of the trance. It was your first time bowling and you didn’t want to embarrass yourself in front of Zayn. You sighed, “Kaykay.” You skipped over to the ballrack and picked the lightest one. It was a hot pinky-purple one with a marbly print on it. You stuck your fingers in the three holes and hoped for the best. Closing your eyes getting ready to take your aim, you felt strong arms wrap around you. “Here, let me help you,” he said, “First of all, it’s thesethree fingers, not those.” You giggled and mumbled, “Oops.” He smiled. His arms still wrapped around yours he guided your arms so that they would pull back and release the bowling ball on his count. He did just that and the ball went flying across the lane spiraling and spinning as it went, slowing down as it prepared to hit the pins. The impact crackling your ears as all the ten pins fell to the ground. “WOOOHOOO!” you and Zayn cheered in unison. “You got a strike!” he yelled picking you up. You got caught up in his arms, his eyes, his lips. And before you knew it your lips were on his as he set you down onto the ground. “We got a strike,” you corrected, blushing.

Harry: “Ice cream!” you yelled in your best friend’s face. He looked confused. You put on your best puppy dog face and said again, “Ice cream!” Harry laughed, “Alright, alright I get it. Let’s go get some ice cream.” Cheering in victory you got up off the sofa and walked out the door, Harry slowly trailing behind you. “Come on slow poke,” you said grabbing him by the jacket and pulling him in the ice cream parlor down the street. “Okay, okay! Calm down,” he said. After getting your ice cream you sat down at a secluded booth with him. You sat across from him. “What kind did you get?” you asked sticking your own Chunky Monkey into your mouth. “Gold Ribbon,” he said digging his spoon into the mountain of goodness stacked in front of him. “Want some?” he asked holding it out for you to taste. You nodded before indulging your mouth into the delectable bite. “Mmmm,” you said about to wipe your mouth. “Here I got it,” he said licking his finger and wiping the bit of caramel left on your lips. Staring right at him, he dropped his spoon before wiping off the caramel, with his lips. Kissing your lips gently, then with passion leaving you hungry for more. “What was that for?” you asked under his attraction. “Just cause,” he responded taking another bite.

Liam: You took his hand in yours running along the sand. Grains of beige wiggling inbetween your toes. Laughing along you dragged him into the great, big ocean splashing as you entered. You loved the beach. The sun, the water, the refreshment, the thrill. You held your arms out wide spinning around and taking it all in. “Don’t you just love the beach?” you asked beaming. “Sure do,” Liam said laughing at your cuteness. You splashed him with some white foam. “Hey!” he screamed charging towards you. Throwing some water into your face he grabbed your waist and held you close. You were caught up in a web of giggles when he cut you off with a kiss. A wonderful kiss, your favorite kiss. You pulled away still unaware of what just happened. “Wh-what about Danielle?” you asked confused. “We broke up,” he said, his lips awfully close to yours. His body pressed against yours, “Why didn’t you tell me?” “Because I wanted to tell you how I felt about you, today,” he said looking into your eyes. Staring back into his flawless brown eyes, you thought about your own feelings for him. He’s been your best friend for a long time, and you never really thought about him in that way. He was the best friend a girl could ever ask for, loyal, sweet, caring, helpful, honest, amazing. I guess you had always liked him, but always pushed the feelings away knowing that he was with Danielle. “Well I feel the same way,” you said closing the space between you and giving him another salty, wet kiss. 

Louis: “Louis, truth or dare?” Niall asked raising his eyebrow. “Hmmm dare,” he responded taking a sip of his root beer. You didn’t allow the boys to drink actual beer, or any alcohol for that matter in your flat. You didn’t want them to dirty or wreck the place up. “Oh I have a good one!” Harry said lighting up like a lightbulb, “Kiss Y/N.” The other boys started whistling. They all knew that you had a thing for Louis, but Louis didn’t know yet. You two have been best friends since pre-school and you didn’t want to ruin the relationship that you had. He was your best friend, and you didn’t want to lose that. You blushed, glaring at Harry. What if he knows I like him now? What if he thinks I told Harry to dare him to do that? The questions running through your mind, before someone cut you off. Actually something, Louis’ lips. Blocking out the cheers from the boys you took his face in your hands, deepening the kiss you had long awaited for. Minutes later, you pulled away still charmed by him. “There’s something I need to tell you,” you said after a moment. As if he read your mind he said along with you, “I like you.” 

I'M SOBBING