Chapter 4: He was more like a scary, sexy bull.

I really couldn't believe this was happening.

I was tempted to pinch myself to double check if I was in a dream. If anyone ever told me that one day me and Nixon Ford, who created his own nickname for me, would be hanging out at the mall together, me holding shopping bags, I'd seriously ask them if they were high.

Or drunk.

Or a mental health patient.

I mean the bad boy and the invisible girl? Please, I'd be more likely to believe that Miley Cyrus had an ass.

But here I was with Nixon. Walking besides me. At the mall.

"Why so grumpy nugget?" I looked up to see Nixon smirking down at me. What a surprise.

"I-I'm not grumpy. I'm just confused," Stutter again?! I mentally slapped myself to get it together.

"Confused about what?"

"When I asked you what you wanted from me, your answer confused me,"

"There's nothing to be confused about Mara Moo. I said I wanted you and I meant it," Mara what?

Nixon halted which ultimately made me stop too. His light brown eyes suddenly found mine, piercing through them so hard, it was almost like he could see through my soul. This for some reason scared me. I noticed that his eyes were getting darker. It was so intense that I found myself looking away.

As soon as I did this his feet started moving towards me. The next thing I knew, a hand was placed on my shoulder which shoved me gently backwards until I hit a cold wall. Dropping all my bags on the floor, I was quickly intoxicated with Nixon's smell which made me woozy. I forced myself to look back up at him, who I found was still gazing at me with the same intensity.

I held my position this time, staring back with what I could only hope was the same as I was receiving.

He then lifted his right hand and gently stroked the side of my cheek with the back of his fingers and knuckle, ever so slowly. His hand was so soft. And surprisingly warm. Still holding his gaze I noticed that my breathing got shallower, my heart was beating twice as fast, my face was getting hotter and I was left with a trail of goosebumps. Why was my body reacting this way?

My mind went completely blank. I almost forgot where I was and what I was doing until suddenly Nixon stepped back with what looked like a satisfied smirk and continued walking.

"Wh-wha..." I let out a deep breath I didn't realise I was holding. I couldn't even form a single thought in my head so what made me think I could form a word? I felt bewildered.

The only other time this ever happens to me is during math class. Or when Jake talks about doctor stuff. How is it possible for another human being to make you react this way? To be fair Nixon Ford felt more than just a human being. He was more like a scary, sexy bull.

"We better hurry nugget, we have to be there by four,"

It took me a few seconds to register what Nixon had just said. Be where by four? Was he planning on murdering me? I then heard a soft chuckle and saw Nixon with an amused expression on his face.

"If I wanted to murder you I would have easily done it by now," Oh cheese sticks I must have said that out loud.

I really needed to work out talking in my head. I did a double take at his use of the word 'easily' and that didn't sit well with my stomach. For all I knew, he was being deadly serious. Ultimately, I was glued to my spot.

"Are you coming then or not?" Nixon sounded frustrated now which caused me to jump slightly.

The serious look he was giving me got me moving. I hastily grabbed my bags from the floor and followed Nixon's very toned back.