Chapter 30 - Agony

Energy. Excitement. Sparks. My lips burn with his contact but I can’t find any way to pull back. My body melts in his hold and my knees shake. How long I’ve waited to taste him. How long I’ve anticipated his heart beating against mine - as one. How long I’ve waited. My fingers slide up his arm as our kiss lingers. Neither of us wanted to have it end. Suddenly cheers and claps fill the night air around us. A few whistles sound. I start to smile against his lips at the crowd around us. He giggles and pulls back, giving his sisters a look.

“Finally!” Fizzy shouts and everyone claps louder.

His family laughs at us as I begin to blush.

“We’ve waited so long for this moment!” Lottie excitedly adds in.

My head snaps to Lou and I begin to grin into his eyes staring back at me. “So have I.” I whisper.

He giggles more and pulls me into a deep hug, still swaying me back and forth. People watch us until we become boring and then they turn up exciting music and start to crazy dance again. Lou takes my hand and makes me dance with him. Hand in hand. Loads of things have been lifted from me…now…that I have him with me.

(Next day)

“I can’t believe it took you guys so long to kiss! It took forever! Jesus!” Jay nudges me and laughs as I fold the clothes at Cee’s.

I shake my head and let my tense shoulders fall. Needless to say, today I was in immense pain. From dancing the whole night my legs have a shocking numb pain that makes it hard to walk. The sway of my arms was very stiff and limited to the needle like pokes in all my joints. I wince as I throw the shirt ahead of me to fold it better. Jay watches - silent.

“It was…amazing….” I finally tell her, with a small smirk.

“I haven’t seen you so happy!” She blabs. “Look at you! You have such an essence!” I can tell she’s being sarcastic. I pull her a face.

“I would be the happiest I’ve ever been if not for all the pain I’m in.” I say, wincing again.

Jay examines my body and pulls the sucker out of her mouth. She frowns and kneels to the side to lean on the banister next to me. “What hurts?”

I shrug lightly. “Pretty much everything,”

“Haven’t you gone to the doctor?”

“Yes, but my test results won’t be in until Monday.” I tell her.

“It’s been like a week and a half!” She complains.

I shake my head and let my aching bones simmer by taking a seat at one of the metal chairs next to me. I take it very slow as I grasp onto the handlebars and inch myself into the seat lightly. Even the slight touch of the cold metal surface to my legs causes me to yelp and spring up. I grasp my arms and hold them close to me, almost in tears.

Jay watches everything but finally walks to me. She extends a hand to rest comfortingly on my shoulder but I recoil away from her with a moan.

“Rose,” She sighs. “You need those results now. You can’t suffer like this for much longer.” I can hear the tinge of concern in her normally bubbly demeanor.

I just look to her with a fake smile. I knew that already, I need to do a lot of things.

Soon enough I was heading home. My boss saw all the pain I was in and - being the great man he is - he let me off early, demanding of me to get some rest and ‘take a chill pill’ for the rest of the weekend. I wanted nothing more than to sleep all day and lay in sweatpants for the next two days!