Chapter 18 - Something's Not Right

Rose's P.O.V

      Fridays were always my favorite days, even though they were the busiest.

As soon as I get off from work I drive home quickly. I could never stand staying in this uniform for longer then I needed to. I check myself out in the mirror ahead of me that is hanging on the windshield as I enter my development. Both sides of my head sparkle from the glitter filled bows Lou's sisters made me. I loved them to much! They really did highlight my new hair color; made it a bit more tolerable.

As I pull into my driveway I see that the small grey Sedan that had been parked in the Tomlinson's driveway all week wasn't there anymore. Maybe Grace took the girls to dinner today or something?

I throw my car door shut and go into my house. As I mentioned before no one is ever home when I get off of work on Fridays so I enter the house to complete silence. And for once I was grateful for the silence.

I automatically go up to my room and change. As I pull off my clothes I can't help but have my eyes wander to the long mirror standing ahead of me. I slowly walk to it and stare at my naked form reflected back to me. I couldn't believe how much my complexion has changed. I don't have the muffin top I had before, I wasn't mad though! Only it was covered in tiny purple spots that made me look like I had chickenpox's. I graze a hand over my spots, what could they possibly be? They didn't hurt or itch. They just stained my skin. Odd. My skin looked a bit paler under the bright hair framing my face, but my eyes still shine.

I shake my head at the figure looking back at me and continue putting on my comfortable clothes. Sweatpants and a neon pink tank top. I then go outside and get the mail. Its very quiet out here today, like everyone was at rest. But something felt off. I look to the houses on either side of me. Without Jay home, her house seemed to be dead and for some reason so did the Tomlinson household. Most of the time the twins or Lottie will be laughing or singing. They always are making some kind of noise. But today...its completely inaudible.

I open my mailbox and tug the letters and bills out. The white envelopes shine under my newly painted blue nails. As you may be able to tell...I love the color blue. My eyes scan the addresses on the front, of course, nothing for me. I walk back inside, but can't help but feel there was something off at the Tomlinson house. I had to find out what.

(Later that night)

I finish washing the dishes as my mom and dad cuddle on the couch in the living room. I loved when they cuddled together. Her body fit in the crook of his arm perfectly as she rested a hand on his chest and he played with the waves of her hair. They didn't cuddle much, but when they did you could totally see the love they had for each other. I wish I had that.

I wipe my hands on a small towel hanging on the oven handle and take a seat at the kitchen table, in sight of my parents. I watch as he quotes the show they're watching and she giggles, playing with the strands of his sweater under her fingers. She'll add in with words and he'll kiss her head as if to commend her. It was sweet.

I knew they went through ups and downs in their relationship. I've seen them fight and get red at each other. Yet they always come back and forgive each other with moments like this. We aren't perfect. We will never be perfect either. What I have to do is realize people make mistakes too. My parents, me...Lou. I bundle my hair up in my hands and throw it into a messy bun on my head as I trek up the carpeted stairs to my room. Before I go inside I peek into my sisters room.

The bright pink walls are lit by small twinkling lights hanging around the brim of the walls. Stuffed animals pile in the corner along with a stack of story books and dolls. A typical eight year olds room. Her light sighs of sleep filled the room. I watch as she tosses in her pink bed and rests her head comfortably on the fluffy pillow. She made me smile even when she didn't do anything. She was my everything.

I then walk to my room and to my window. The nights were cooler now and a refresh to feel. I've been sleeping with my windows open so I don't get as many of the night sweats...it doesn't work.

As I push the pane open something catches my eye. Lou is laying on his roof again. I can't help but yearn to talk to him. I need to make this better with him. God says to never end the night with bad thoughts about someone. And frankly...I've ended a lot of nights feeling bad. I know I can make this better.

I sigh and run down the stairs and to the kitchen. I grab six mugs, fill them with water and put them in the microwave. After that I steeped some tea bags inside and placed them on a tray.

"What are you doing honey?" My moms words startled me, causing me to slightly jump.

"I'm taking tea to the Tomlinson's." I reply, balancing the tray on my palms.

She grins at me and places a hand on my cheek. "You're so sweet."

I take the tea to their house, which is dully lit from the lack of light filling inside the windows. I take a deep breath before knocking on the wooden plank of their door. For some reason a lump of anxiety chocks my throat and my palms begin to sweat. A hear the rattle of footsteps after a long moment and the door swings open. A whiff of cinnamon fills my nose as someone peers over the door. Big blue eyes scan my body and look to me.

"Rose?" Lou asks, walking around the door and holding the handle.

"I-" I look down. "I came over to share tea with you and your family."

One if his brown eyebrows lift at me in disbelief.

"No one's home right now. Mum took the girls to dinner because I told her-" He stops to scratch his head and bite his lip. "Come on inside love." He mumbles and throws a hand out to welcome me. I look into the dark house and breathe calmly as I enter it.

******************************************

A/N: I didn't notice how long its been since I updated! I'm so sorry! Anyroad, here is chapter eighteen! I loved how you guys guessed what Grace was going to tell Lou in the last chapter. Like being pregnant, cheating, leaving or not doing anything at all. It makes me feel like you really are in tuned with the story when you suggest things! I guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter to see if you were right though ;P Thanks again for all the support and love! Xx